Afghanistan on the back burner..?

Tankus

• 4 weeks later...

I must remember not to hitch a ride in a tank.

What surprised me was when I visited a tank factory in Telford in my capacity as a Technical sales rep, was to find out that modern tank armour is not extremely hard steel alloy as I would have thought, but an aluminium based alloy.

In Africa you can buy a British-made automatic weapon for less than the cost of a dinner.  With a British-made automatic weapon you can get all the dinners you want.

I wonder why the weapons cost the British army so much then

Makes you seriously wonder why the hell they are all so hell bent on killing each other. They spend millions on weapons and kill thousands of their own country men, then hold out the begging bowls for a meal. I appreciate the fact that not everyone in these country's is doing this, but at the end of the day, it is all rather sickening. Just look at Zimbabwe now, endless slaughter of White farmers, then destruction of the land. What was once the bread basket of Africa is now one of the poorest nations in the world. One man is not doing all the damage by himself, as can be seen by the support he gets at rallies.

Makes you seriously wonder why the hell they are all so hell bent on killing each other.  They spend millions on weapons and kill thousands of their own country men, then hold out the begging bowls for a meal.  I appreciate the fact that not everyone in these country's is doing this, but at the end of the day, it is all rather sickening.  Just look at Zimbabwe now, endless slaughter of White farmers, then destruction of the land.  What was once the bread basket of Africa is now one of the poorest nations in the world.  One man is not doing all the damage by himself, as can be seen by the support he gets at rallies.

The so called 'endless slaughter of white farmers' is a misconception. It seems that the facts show a different story. South Africa has a worse record of such killings in recent times.

Mugabe still needs to be taken care of though :P