[RESOLVED] -Lexmark Printing Problems

Craig

I have just installed a Lexmark X83 Printer on my Windows XP computer, and the time it takes between pressing the print button and actually printing is phenomenally slow.

On a Windows 98/Me system is prints as you would expect, as soon as you click the print button it is printing.

Instead the Lexmark software just hangs for around 60 seconds per page.

Has anyone else had this problem with Lexmark software, and is there a work around?

Hi Craigy...

Connected to the Base directly or via a powered Hub?

What other USB devices do you have?

Updated USB Drivers?

What are you printing,Text, colour heavy images?

High Detail, Quick print?

Many applications running?

The X83 is an all-in-one ?

It is an all in one printer!

Nothing about a "dry time delay", even if it was an option the first page to be printed wouldnt be delayed!

An example here:

when i print in MS Word, the lexmark printer dialog box appears, it should say "printing started" then a progress bar will light up until it reaches the end of the printing process. however, the delay is waiting for the "printing started" thing.

I have tried to install the driver without the software, but it doesnt work.

Okay, i've just had a quick search on google, and their are hundreds of bad reviews of this product (you can tell i didnt buy it!).

One review says the problem i'm having is solved if you bypass the lexmark drivers and software with Windows own drivers.

So how would i go about this?

Resolved!

I did another search on google and managed to find a site suggestion i change the "print Processor". I changed that, and now it seems to bypass the lexmark software and it prints like you would expect a printer too!