How much for a broadband network

Guest Blink_182_fan

What have you got already and what route do you want to go down?

You may just need a hub or you may want a router with ADSL modem or you may want a Hub with ADSL modem, a PCMCIA card and colleciton of PCI cards?!

As you can see lots of questions!

Post telling us what you have and how many computers you wish to add in.

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
You're going to need a BB router.

Can I just borrow this thread for a sec.?

I have 2 pcs lanned using nics and a crossover cable.

ICS is working great on Blueyonder dial-up but I'm getting Blueyonder Broadband on Monday.

Will I need a router or will it just work as it is now?

Shirl.

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
If you want to connect separately you will need a router... otherwise you can connect one to the net through the other as you do now

Thank God for that!! :thumbup:

You might need another nic card though depending on how your connection comes to your host pc. If it is by usb then you won't need one but if it is by ethernet cable then you will need a card for the signal coming in and a card for your crossover cable to the other pc.

I have heard that people have probs with the usb connection but I could be wrong here........ don't know if anyone else can give you some pointers.

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
You might need another nic card though depending on how your connection comes to your host pc.  If it is by usb then you won't need one but if it is by ethernet cable then you will need a card for the signal coming in and a card for your crossover cable to the other pc. 

I have heard that people have probs with the usb connection but I could be wrong here........ don't know if anyone else can give you some pointers.

AFAIK Blueyonder now use usb for BB connex

"Ash"....

"Ash".........

"ASH!".....

"grunt"......

"What's AFAIK?".....

"Eh?"......

"What's AFAIK!".......

"mumble mumble grunt grunt".....

"What?".....

"As far as I know.. Dad".......

"Oh...thanks Ash"....

"grunt".....

Kids....don't you just love them :D

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
Shirl,why didn't you just make your own post?  :lol:  :P

I figured I might as well "borrow" yours as it was of a similar nature. :P :thumbup:

Shirl.

I just set up a wireless broadband for my sister on blueyonder with a 54mbps linksys router and wireless nic, it came to about £115 inc vat and delivery from ebuyer

1 x Linksys Wireless 54mbps PCI Adapter PC Card 45602

1 x Linksys Wireless-G 54mbps Broadband Router