My Qwerty becoming Azerty

cerio

Hi

is there some keyboard shortcut that makes XP convert your keyboard layout to the Azerty layout from Qwerty?

Sometimes this happens in mid use while using Photoshop. Adobe insists it's not to do with Photoshop and is the OS but it affects no other applications. Closing Photoshop, when it's happened, reverts the keyboard to Qwerty again.

I have to admit, it's happened when on Ebay too. Trying to type in that last minute bid and the blasted keyboard has become Azerty and I can't find the full stop or the £ sign or whatever and the auction has ended before I can close the browser and re-open it. It's only happened there about three times but happens in Photoshop a lot, so I was wondering if I am inadvertantly doing something to change the keyboard layout.

The keyboard is a Microsoft one, I use Win XP Pro and this problem is new, although my use of this PC, XP and Photoshop are not. I tried re-installing Photoshop but it didn't help. It's driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

C

I don't know if this is any help. I use a 'TRUST' wireless keyboard and mouse. It suddenly started playing up about three months ago, and typed gobbledygook. I took it back to the shop and it worked perfectly there. The suggestion was that something which did not interfere before, had started to do so. Changing the channels over solved the problem.

Azerty is the French keyboard layout. You haven't got your language settings set to French by any chance have you??? Do you have drivers loaded for your keyboard?? Are they French drivers??? I'm just guessing here by the way. do you have photo shope set to French language??? Or something??

Azerty is the French keyboard layout.  You haven't got your language settings set to French by any chance have you???  Do you have drivers loaded for your keyboard??  Are they French drivers???  I'm just guessing here by the way.  do you have photo shope set to French language??? Or something??

That explains it all. Trust the b***** frogs to be awkward.

Hi,

I think I know what it is. I checked Regional and Languages Control Panel, Languages tab and found I had both UK and Belgian Dutch installed. I think there is some convoluted keyboard shortcut to switch from one to another and I must use the same keyboard shortcut in Photoshop but have done it now and then on the desktop, while using Photoshop, and not on the Photoshop active window. I removed the Belgian option, so hopefully it won't happen again.

Coincidentally, it was a Belgian who suggested I check Regional and Languages Control Panel, Languages tab, odd that the only language other than UK that was set up there was his language... Flemish Dutch. It's only because of knowing him that I even knew there was such a thing as an Azerty keyboard. Handy knowing someone in Belgium.

My keyboard isn't French, it's a humble Microsoft internet one, not a fancy wireless one either, it seems I can set it up to have a whole myriad of layouts which I can switch to and from. You learn something new every day!!

Thanks for the replies.

C