Economic Migrants

moon

The EU allows citizens of member states freedom of access to other member states. The EU has allowed 10 new states to join this summer. Governments of existing states are hard at work creating restrictions on the citizens of the new states. What is the best word to describe this situation ? :D

I am continually amazed at the way politicians fail to see the consequences of their actions until it is to late to do anything except respond with knee-jerk reactions. Anyone with half a brain could foresee, when these nations were queueing up to join the EU, that there could and would be problems to address, particularly the right of EU citizens to seek work in other member states.

Legal immigration has gone on in this country for eons and is to be welcomed - as long as there are proper controls and that people settling here have the skills that the nation needs and they are prepared to be absorbed into British society. However, the politicians have lost control and we have so-called asylum seekers coming here in droves. These people have ruined things for genuine asylum seekers and migrants.

The blame lies fairly and squarely with the politicians. They could easily put things right so that we have a properly controlled system of immigration - but they are cowards and are afraid of being labelled racist etc. And so they fiddle about until the result of their incompetence does no one any good.

peter e

Migration is a two way thing. E-migration and im-migration. I am of an age where my place of abode isn't very important to me economically and I am seriously thinking of emigrating to a country with a climate (weather and political) much more conducive to peace and quiet where I can spend the rest of my days reasonably happy and in harmony with the environment and neighbours.

Happy in the knowledge that that incompetent shower called the UK government cannot get me.

By UK government, I don't mean just the current one, it could be any of them. There isn't one person in UK politics nowadays that I would trust even to do my weekly shopping. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I agree, -pops-. They are the result of us allowing ' representative democracy' instead of insisting on the real thing. Electronic referenda will sweep them all away.

PS, the Net is worldwide. You cannot escape us. :D

How about you let in one economic migrant for every new national health dentist that registers. :D

I am continually amazed at the way politicians fail to see the consequences of their actions until it is to late to do anything except respond with knee-jerk reactions. Anyone with half a brain could foresee, when these nations were queueing up to join the EU, that there could and would be problems to address, particularly the right of EU citizens to seek work in other member states.

Legal immigration has gone on in this country for eons and is to be welcomed - as long as there are proper controls and that people settling here have the skills that the nation needs and they are prepared to be absorbed into British society. However, the politicians have lost control and we have so-called asylum seekers coming here in droves. These people have ruined things for genuine asylum seekers and migrants.

The blame lies fairly and squarely with the politicians. They could easily put things right so that we have a properly controlled system of immigration - but they are cowards and are afraid of being labelled racist etc. And so they fiddle about until the result of their incompetence does no one any good.

peter e

Sound common sense