Terrorists

moon

As I think most of you will know, my Son is a Paratrooper and serving in Iraq. I took this photo. [Thought you might like to see] when he came home in early Dec. with only a 2 day notice that he was to fly back out for the third time. He's still out there and WILL be back in April.

post-8-1079452984.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I think most of you will know, my Son is a Paratrooper and serving in Iraq. I took this photo. [Thought you might like to see] when he came home in early Dec. with only a 2 day notice that he was to fly back out for the third time. He's still out there and WILL be back in April.

Not long now.

Guest Blink_182_fan

it was on the news about bush's rival in the usa elections (john kerry or something) and he gave a speech sayingthat george bush has handled the situation well but he has not done enough!!! so i dont know what this guy is going to do if he is elected

Might be worth watching tonight

One Year On: Iraq - A Newsnight Special

Channel: BBC2 London & SE

Date: Tuesday 16 March

Time: 09:00PM-10:30PM

A major reassessment of the events surrounding the Iraq war, and Britain's reasons for getting involved, as the first anniversary of the day when the bombs began to fall on Baghdad arrives. Presented by Jeremy Paxman, the programme combines interviews, reports, public opinion and a discussion involving panellists and a studio audience, in a bid to examine issues such as whether the attack has actually encouraged other countries to develop nuclear weapons

It didn't seem to present anything new ......

But ...Ironies of ironies .....On news night later ...Clair Short is blamed for the mess after the war and lack of planning , as she deliberately stopped any planning at her dept for the aftermath ,as she did not agree with with the war in the first place .....

sourced from number 10

so it must be true ....!

According to the UK police attacks on the UK are 'inevitable'. I dare to suggest that security forces adopt a policy of assassination of terrorists instead of allowing them the luxury of a trial after they have murdered our citizens. It's time for the sheep to trample the butcher to death.

Guest Blink_182_fan

northern irelands suffering new attacks not by terriosts but by kids and teenagers who are attacking the emergency services and it was on the new yesterday that in certain parts of belfast kids from 7 are steeling cars and joyriding in them

• 2 weeks later...

:ph34r: Terrorism can only operate from within a mantra of sympathetic (or apathetic) religious,social and family groups.So what can a law-enforcement agency do to quell the religous dogma and anti-western hate taught in Muslim synagogues and schools?The answer is nothing because of our equalitarian-based society..I have a few trusted friends who's religious dogma covers from Hindu,Muslim,Baptist.........................right through to atheism..I reckon the HARDLINERS of any belief group are the potential terrorists..A GUTLESS COWARDLY WAY TO END THEIR MISERABLE TUNNEL_VISION EXISTANCE..I just pray that a mediation and a satisfactory solution is found before we all blow each other up! :blush: :(

I dare to suggest that security forces adopt a policy of assassination of terrorists instead of allowing them the luxury of a trial after they have murdered our citizens.

I posted that before the Yassin atrocity. A definition of 'terrorist' is still managing to escape the world's legal beagles but I personally would not apply it to Yassin or any other Palestinian attempting to repel an invader. Sorry about that.

I dare to suggest that security forces adopt a policy of assassination of terrorists instead of allowing them the luxury of a trial after they have murdered our citizens.

I posted that before the Yassin atrocity. A definition of 'terrorist' is still managing to escape the world's legal beagles but I personally would not apply it to Yassin or any other Palestinian attempting to repel an invader. Sorry about that.

Does 'repel an invader' include bombing buses full of civilians, including children?

Let's not forget that the modern state of Israel was founded by terrorism.

In 1948 the Irgun and Stern Zionist gangs, attacked British soldiers and civilians, Palestinians and also Jews.

Over the last 50+ years several of these terrorists have been elected to lead Israel.

I repeat my question. IS THERE EVER ANY EXCUSE FOR ANYONE TO BOMB CIVILIANS? The fact that I might go and kill a Frenchman, would NOT give the right for the French military to kill English civilians. A military target is one thing, a civilian one is another.

I repeat my question. IS THERE EVER ANY EXCUSE FOR ANYONE TO BOMB CIVILIANS?

I'd certainly consider it, if they'd just knocked down my house in order to build their own on my land. I get your drift though, andsome, and I'd agree with you that completely innocent civilians are off limits.