Terrorists

moon

I think terrorists should be dealt with in the harshest way possible. They have no sympathy from me. However I have a huge problem with holding those people in Gitmo Bay for years without any trial proving their guilt or innocence. Holding them in limbo this way gives no justice to the victims of their crimes if they are indeed guilty and money being wasted feeding and clothing them. Enough time has went by to process these people and find out exactly the reason they are there. Imprisoning people without proof of guilt or innocence are tactics someone like Saddam Hussein would use. It is time to sort that mess out... the sooner the better.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's not forget that the modern state of Israel was founded by terrorism.

In 1948 the Irgun and Stern Zionist gangs, attacked British soldiers and civilians, Palestinians and also Jews.

Over the last 50+ years several of these terrorists have been elected to lead Israel.

Israel, South Africa, America; all arguably exist due to terrorism of sorts.

A large part of the problem is the lack of clarity when trying to define 'terrorism'. Blowing up a bus knowing children will die is terrible, but placing sanctions on a country, knowing that hundreds of thousands of innocent children will die as a result is just as bad.

Bombs aren't the only way to kill the innocent.

that is what irritates me most of all Sir T. Sanctions killed an amazing amount of people in Iraq... then turn right around and bomb their country and make them face more horrible living situations. I am not sure which is the worst for them, to live under a tyrant or be starved and bombed. :(

Guest Blink_182_fan

bombing gets no were especially when terroists do it. Because the IRA have been terrorisng northern ireland since the 70s and look how far they have got (nowhere) luckly i think they have realised this and stopped but the last major bombing they did in northern ireland was the omagh bombing and then i think the real IRA bombed the bbc studios in england

i don't believe there is a right or wrong, terrorists or freedom fighters.

it depends whose side your on at the time.

the prisioners in camp xray are extremely lucky i'd have shot em.

and i don't want to upset anybody but the americans funded the terror

in northern ireland for years.

this has only stopped since 9/11. (my opinion )

Saddam got what he deserved.

I did not agree with the war, we should have waited ,but people forget he did have 10 years to comply with the u.n.

it may also have been the catalyst that brought gadaffi to heel.

who knows

but one thing is for sure sooner or later religion will end the world as we know it.

Guest Blink_182_fan

how? (im not upset but curious)

iand i don't want to upset anybody but the americans funded the terror

I am not upset either but I would be interested in hearing your viewpoint on ways this was going on... there may be yet more things about the country I live in that I do not realize

how? (im not upset but curious)

blink i don't mean american gov but irish americans had been funding

the ira for years.and it wasn't you i was thinking i might upset.

Hurdy

i would have shot them in Afganistan.

i don't believe any of them were there for any other reason than to join bin ladden.

i know you believe they should have a fair trial and i agree.

but as you well know to many guilty men walk away from our courts( unless your a motorist ).

but at the time in afganistan there was a war on and i afraid i would have shot them.

iand i don't want to upset anybody but the americans funded the terror

I am not upset either but I would be interested in hearing your viewpoint on ways this was going on... there may be yet more things about the country I live in that I do not realize

Tracylynn

i think you will get my drift from my reply to Blink.

even in England we have ex pats who think its cool to supply "the boys"

pwp

Regarding these prisoners in Cuba. It has been suggested that they should have been shot in Afghanistan. That is NOT the western way. People are legitimately shot during a battle, but in mopping up PRISONERS are taken. When they were captured these men should have been treated in one of two ways. They should have been treated as prisoners of war according to the Geneva convention, or they should have been treated as traitors, and given a TRIAL as such, not locked up without trial, which was just what Saddam was criticised for. Sure, I would like to know just what they were doing in Afghanistan, when they had supposedly gone to visit relatives etc in Pakistan, but let's ask this question in public at a trial.

Would I not be right in thinking that the IRA are not on the American govts.  list of terrorists? (worried abot the Irish/American vote no doubt)

You could be right. Everyone knows that a good many high rankers in the American government have expressed support for the IRA in the past, and not so distant past. Republicans and Democrats alike. Bars in American cities have openly allowed cash collections on their premises.

This is not meant to be an anti American post, just trying to state facts. I have thoroughly enjoyed my visits to America.

Bush has repeatedly said anyone who supports a terrorist, anyone who harbors a terrorist, is a terrorist.

That rule should apply to all not just to a few from certain countries. Terrorism isn't limited to people that originate from Afghanastan or Iraq. But sadly many seem to blind themselves to this fact. :(

Terrorism is premeditated. Road rage etc, involves a temporary loss of human values but with terrorism it's permanent.

We're not going to be safe in this country until the police are paid more, trained better and trebled in number. There is also a factor of public trust to consider.

Something radical is needed to free-up police resources, such as the creation of a 'security officer' in every village in the country, a bit like the local 'mayors' they have in France. Also the age limitations on joining the police need review. There are many older people and ex-servicepersons whose skills are going to waste.

I guess it's a matter of the government putting our money where its mouth is. B)

Bush has repeatedly said anyone who supports a terrorist, anyone who harbours a terrorist, is a terrorist.

So Reagan and his dad are terrorists ..?..by his definition ......

Maybe he should stick his old man in the chair