The Truth about Iraq Invasion?

TracyLynn

Some of you know me from another forum and how I feel about this entire fiasco already. But I have to say this situation makes me sicker every single day. I was one of the "unpatriotic" who protested in the streets when this happened. I do not like war anytime but felt that invading Afghanstan made a little more sense than invading Iraq. This seems to be nothing more than George Bush Jr keeping score for George Bush Sr. First they tell us its all about weapons of mass destruction. Well heck they keep us in a state of constant terror after the 9/11 tragedies and basically make everyone believe that we are gonna get hit again by Iraq and we were in immediate danger. Where the hell are these weapons? So now they try to back pedal and say "oh yeah we are there to liberate this country" Why didn't they just use that excuse instead of lying? Why not just admit ok he didnt have weapons we screwed up so we might as well get saddam while we are here? The media tries to portray over here that the Iraqis are so happy for us to be there. BULL!!! They now try to say Saddam was a bad man he gassed his people he was the satan incarnate. Well yeah I can agree that Saddam and his sons were tyrants. They were bad. But do we invade every country that we do not approve of their leader? I guess what has me stirred up is this article. I am so tired of hearing daily the excuse they give now is to liberate this country because he gassed his own people. George Bush Sr supported saddam AFTER the gassing occured in 1988. It was barely mentioned over here in the states until it was needed as an excuse to cover their pathetic bums. War has never been officially declared on that country. This means they never have to declare it officially over or they would have to vacate and release their prisioners of war. I for one resent the money being spent to blow the place up and then the money being spent to rebuild what they blasted. George W Bush is an over reactive tyrant who is trying to cover his butt now that election time is rolling around and I for one will vote for the other candidate just to try to vote this moron OUT!!

This article got me stirred up. Forgive my rant. If I do this in an American forum they all whine about me bashing the president :rolleyes: I am patriotic and I love my country. However I do not appreciate what this tyrant is making us appear to the world.

http://www.independent-media.tv/item.cfm?f...nder%20Reported

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moon so far they are disregarding this guy making him out to be a disgruntled former employee, I've never saw the white house staff quite so strongly come out against someone like this before... me thinks they doth protest a bit much.... I wasn't real impressed with the bits I saw from the 9/11 committee hearings yesterday, but Clark testifies today. I am really ill that Condoleeza Rice was on morning talk shows yesterday denying Clarks allegations but she refuses to testify under oath at the 9/11 hearings. Clark served under 3 Republican leaders and one Democrat. A 30+ year employee. He is not the first nor the last to write a revealing book about a president. However it is disturbing that he is telling a story that coincides with others who spoke out before him and they were disregarded too.

Moon so far they are disregarding this guy making him out to be a disgruntled former employee, I've never saw the white house staff quite so strongly come out against someone like this before...  me thinks they doth protest a bit much.... I wasn't real impressed with the bits I saw from the 9/11 committee hearings yesterday, but Clark testifies today.  I am really ill that Condoleeza Rice was on morning talk shows yesterday denying Clarks allegations but she refuses to testify under oath at the 9/11 hearings.  Clark served under 3 Republican leaders and one Democrat. A 30+ year employee.  He is not the first nor the last to write a revealing book about a president. However it is disturbing that he is telling a story that coincides with others who spoke out before him and they were disregarded too.

Governments NEVER take any notice, we've got one here like that.

no argument here ... gorgeous ....! (and Im not talking to you andsome , before you get excited ..!..arf arf )

The fact that Rice will not testify under oath is telling .........

But your posting to Europeans (inc andsome ) who have a bit more cynicism about the motive's for our involvement in Iraq , and the US's ...... (moons an immigrant )

Bush has done your citizens no favours in the world's appreciation and understanding of the US .... methinks

Which is a shame considering how much the US does to fund the UN , feed the hungry ,and support the poor, and charities ...

The very cynical may say that the charities are tax deducted, the rice and maize are to dispose of surplus subsidised overproduction , and the dollar in the UN to buy votes and influence ....

But the support is there ......

Your government is losing your friends

Tankus its frustrating to those of us who have some sense and don't "follow the leader blindly". I really hate the world perceives us as bullies and we are arrogant. I get more pissed off about the fact that over a million Iraqis died because of sanctions far more than the number of kurds who were gassed. Now we are back again to destroy their country and kill more people and for what? Saddam is now captured but the bombing, the killing, the looting, the crime and tragedy is still a daily occurence there. Those people have suffered enough. They have been made to pay the price by living under a cruel tyrant and then again by the invasion blasting away their history and homes and there are some things that cannot be rebuilt. When you talk to other americans about women and children being killed over there during this fiasco they say oh.. well thats expected during war... and just turn their heads to it, and in the same breath rant and rave about saddam killing women and children. I'm sorry but it's hard for me to find the difference in the two. Murder is murder. I cannot be like most here and lose compassion for humanity in general. These actions in that country disturbs me and pondering how long it will continue is depressing. I think of those little kids over there and want to cry. How horrible it must be to live in all of this going on never knowing if your home is next to be destroyed and if you are harmed no guarantee of proper medical attention. It all overwhelms me thinking of it :(

Condoleeza Rice should have to volunteer her time in Iraq helping women and children..... that :censored: !!!

The UK only have the budget for our current troop deployment until July.... God knows how much the US is prepared to spend ....!and for how long

Budgetary constraints will determine troop removal as much as humanitarian ones ..probably ...more so...!

I don't see a safe end to this , and I think in all probability , its the fundamentalists ,who are going to benefit......

Israel are really prodding hard at the Palestinians

The whole region is a powder keg ,

Sharom lit the fuse 2 days ago , I hope the UK manages to duck in time, the USa better step up their internal security..!

I know :( that was one of the things that everyone has agreed on so far during the 9/11 committee hearings is that it is inevitable they will attempt it again on the usa and it won't be far into the future. It makes me want to move to some tropical island and be a beach bum.

I am still peeved at condoleeza rice CAT FIGHT!!!! grrrrrr

LOL you guys are funny. Chubby 40 year olds in a bathing suit is not an appealing thought to anyone !! But I think I would enjoy living in a tropical paradise :)

Hurdy, if I had a chance to pull her hair out I would *laughs*

for now I guess I just have to settle for ranting about her. That woman makes me almost as nauseated as GWB :ranting:

I know :( that was one of the things that everyone has agreed on so far during the 9/11 committee hearings is that it is inevitable they will attempt it again on the usa and it won't be far into the future.  It makes me want to move to some tropical island and be a beach bum. 

I am still peeved at condoleeza rice CAT FIGHT!!!! grrrrrr

how about a nice trip to Bali,

My Son is caught up in this lot. TracyLyn. If you have a look at page 2 of this link you will see theh photo I took the night before he left for his third tour of Iraq. http://www.windowsforum.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=8623

Bless you and yours DJohn, my heart goes out to everyone who has a loved one stuck over there in that place. Good karma and best wishes to you both. I hope there is an end to it and soon

LOL Bali sounds terrific right about now. My vacation starts tomorrow and Im not even going anywhere I am renovating this old house!! Bring your hammers and nails and painting skills and join me people! :P

Guest Drovers Dog
My Son is caught up in this lot. TracyLyn. If you have a look at page 2 of this link you will see theh photo I took the night before he left for his third tour of Iraq. http://www.windowsforum.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=8623

Bless you and yours DJohn, my heart goes out to everyone who has a loved one stuck over there in that place. Good karma and best wishes to you both. I hope there is an end to it and soon

LOL Bali sounds terrific right about now. My vacation starts tomorrow and Im not even going anywhere I am renovating this old house!! Bring your hammers and nails and painting skills and join me people! :P

:P

Actually Bali is STILL not a good idea just yet, it is still on the wrong side of the Safety Line!!!

:censored: :D

Do they have places there that display much beatles memorabilia? that would facinate me. I would like to see the changing of the guard, but the royals don't facinate me in the least. I would like to visit historical sites, museums and art galleries! Drink some beers and have some fish and chips :D

Andsome I suppose where you live is an historical landmark for the most beautiful person in the world's residence eh? :P

Andsome I suppose where you live is an historical landmark for the most beautiful person in the world's residence eh?  :P

You know I like you already. Unfortunately, to date they have not put up a monument to my good looks. I have been informed by those that know, that like a fine wine or cheese, I may get even better still with a little more storage.

Joking aside, Staffordshire is not given the credit that it should be. Many years ago it was a mining area, but that has long since gone. Stoke on Trent may not be the prettiest town in the world, but it has some fine museums and art galleries, as well as very interesting pottery museums. Burton Upon Trent is the centre of the Midlands brewing industry, where many fine real ales are still brewed. Near to where I live in Burntwood, we have Cannock Chase, an area listed as having outstanding natural beauty. There are Red Deer on the Chase, but there are also a breed of deer no larger than dogs, they originated in China, and Cannock Chase is the only place in England where they live. Further to the north of the county, are the Leek Moreland's. For those who like horses, there is Uttoxeter race course. There are still several very old villages with thatched cottages. I almost forgot to mention the City of Lichfield. It has a very fine Cathedral, dating back many hundreds of years, in fact there has been a church of one sort or another for well over 1200 years. I could fill a book, Staffordshire is well worth a visit for anyone from overseas. Forget about crowded, inhospitable and very expensive places like London.

Regarding the so called royals, everyone on this website is aware of my opinion there. I think that the whole idea of one particular family being allowed a life of luxury, with everyone bowing and scraping to them, (yes ma'am, no ma'am, three bags full ma'am), is repugnant and feudal.

Guest Drovers Dog

Oh, Gawd, TracyLynn you got him going now, I suppose it give the Cats abreak for a while!!! Just Joking!!!

England is no different to Most Countries outside USA, if you are in a Country, that you feel safe with, best way to learn about that Country is to go to Areas outside the Major Cities, then you will find the REAL PEOPLE of the Country!! JMHO!

Guest Drovers Dog

I am sure Tankus will Guide you!!!!!

Andsome will lead you astray!!!

BTW TracyLynn if you don't understand somethings we say, Please don't feel embarrased to ask what we mean by? We really understand, and want help you to understand us!!!

BTW God help you Girl, if they start a Forum like this in AussieLand!! Naw!!! Just kidding, these people are nice people, that love to communicate!!!

It sounds beautiful. Thanks for telling me about the area it was interesting.

I hope someday to visit the UK, perhaps my friend Tankus would be my tour guide?  :)

Don't worry about Tankus, I'll guide you round Staffordshire, I'll just tell 'er indoors that I've gone to meet a fella.

Guest Drovers Dog

TracyLynn,l

Just to show you what it reallly means" 'er indoors" means his wife!!

I like our old Andsome!!!!!!!

Where I come from it is Cheese and Kisses, which means Missus, Wife!!

I hope you are enjoying it!!

BTW I can do this because I am an Aussie, but Pommies are allowed too!! and you are my friend, I think?

You just watch someone come up and tell me I am wrong!