Email client

Guest Nellie2

Guest Nellie2

Has anyone got any recomendations for an email client other than Outlook Express?

Can't get to grips with Outlook and don't like Incredimail, but would like to see what else is out there.

Ta everso in advance.

I've tried a lot (including Pegasus Mail , + Foxmail and I'm a confirmed Calypso man !

For Windows 95/98, 2000, NT, ME, XP - http://10xshooters.com/calypso-free/

The latest (and final) Version 3.30 of the Calypso Email Client FREE!

DISCONTINUED by its developers. Brilliant programmers - Dumb salesmen.

And their incompetence is your gain. No longer shareware... It's now freeware!

ZDNet Rating: ***** Tucows Rating: Moo, Moo, Moo, Moo, Moo

This is the full-featured final version (v.3.30). No registration is required.

Just install it - and it works forever!

The Calypso Email Client supports unlimited POP3 and IMAP4 accounts for an unlimited number of users. Its features include a configurable window layout, complete with dockable toolbars; a spelling checker; an automatic response option; offline mode; a local delete option that leaves the message on the server; and Web browser integration.

Other features include a three-way view that shows folders and messages, a configurable main window layout, configurable and dockable toolbars, filters, LDAP directory search capabilities, an address book, HTML support, automatic address completion, new message searching, a filter distribution list, V-cards, message templates, the JunkYard antispam filter, a PGP plug-in, multi-language spell checking, address groups, improved mail list management, message locking, improved filtering, automated sub-folders, filter exclusions and hands-free backup.

A news release from Rose City Software says the company has reached an agreement with MCSDallas, the original developer of Calypso, to continue development of this excellent shareware email client - SO GET IT WHILE IT'S STILL FREE !

Guest Nellie2

Well, I like Outlook express too.........but I just fancied having a look at something different.

It is ages since I have done any thing interesting with this PC, it has been running as sweet as a nut. Not that I am complaining mind you, just fancied a bit of a change.

Having said that, I did get a scary error message that wouldn't go away when I booted up today. But I have sorted that now!!!

Guest Nellie2

Just thought you would like to know that I had to look up PMSL!! he he!

The error message wasn't that scary really, one of those 'this program has performed and illegal operation' ones, but it popped up as I was booting up and was to do with Ndetect. Ok, I thought, I'll reboot. So I clicked ok on the message but it kept popping up......oh dear. So I rebooted into dos, ran scandisk, found an error in the free space and one in the temp files on C. Then as an after thought ran scanreg/fix. Well, that found some errors in my system.dat and fixed 'em. I can't pretend that I know what caused the problem or even what scanreg was doing but everything is ok now!! Norton even did an update when I rebooted again!!

ps.....I have a funny feeling that the scanreg/fix thing might have been a tip I got from you Madboy, yonks and yonks ago.