Mandrakelinux 10.0 Community Install Guide, Part 3

Chris

[Please allow time for images to load - it's worth it]

Now you will see certain components of your Linux system and if Linux has failed to configure them, you will have to do it manually.

For example: Graphics Interface - Not configured

Click Configure and select your settings, resolution, graphics card etc. It's best to test the configuration to see if it works. [see pics below]

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Now all that is needed is a reboot because you have now installed Linux.

Simply click Reboot. [see pic below]

23.jpg

Note: When your computing is rebooting it's important to change the boot device back to the hard drive where Linux is installed. As your system was set to boot from the CD it will try to do it again.

Now you will see a few options to choose from, if you want to use Linux then by default Linux will be booted after 10 seconds. If you want to use Windows, select Windows and press enter. [see pic below]

24.jpg

Linux will now load. [see pic below]

25.jpg

If you want to see what Linix is actually loading whilst you wait, press the ESC key to see what it is doing. [see pic below]

26.jpg

You should eventually come to your Linux Desktop. [see pic below]

DESKTOP.jpg

That's it: You've done it!

Just read what you see on your screen, make any notes and just go for it.

Part 1

Part 2

How do I set it so it will automatically boot into Windows but let me select Linux to boot if I want to?

Are you actually at your Linux Desktop if you are i'll show you what to do.

How do I set it so it will automatically boot into Windows but let me select Linux to boot if I want to?

When in linux of you go to configure...the boot configuations

You can select the default Boot thingie I.e in 10 seconds it will boot XP rather than linux :D

Sorry i can be more accurate but basically YES you can and its easy to find...with nice wee pictures

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy