Redhat 9 Linux Install part 2

nellie2

Part 3You now are given the option to manually partition your hard drive or to let Redhat do it for you. If you have 'free space on your hard drive then let Redhat do it for you, it will automatically find the free space and partition it for you. See pic

RH11.JPG

You are now given the option on how you want to do your install and where. If you have more than one hard drive then your slave drive will show below hda as hdb. Make sure you tick the drive that has the free space on it and select the radio button keep all partitions and use existing free space

RH13.JPG

Now you are asked to configure your boot sequence, if you have windows loaded then you will have another option of DOS. Select DOS if you want to boot to windows by default. click Next

RH13.JPG

You are now asked to select a security level, leave it on the default for now, you can always change it later if you wish. click Next

RH16.JPG

Now select your language, click Next

RH17.JPG

And your time zone, click Next

RH18.JPG

Input a root password, make sure it is one you can remember

RH20.JPG

Check out your packages!!!click Next

RH21.JPG

Then take a deep breath and enter the land of no return!!! :)

RH22.JPG

Watch this space.... more to come

part 1

Well i have to ask.....

Redhat?

or Mandrake?

Mandrake hasnt been goin very well for me as you may know... :(

so im willing to try somthing new :)

EDIT: no matter what i do i have to redownload the images....so right now im downloading the redhat ones....(theyre smaller) :P

Andy as you can see Redhat is a breeze to install, to an extent nellie could have just posted the images as the help on the left expllains it all.

Your actually right in thinking of another distribution as you can see Linux from another view...

The only drawback is you do you have to download it all again. So its best to start the download and leave it overnight....

Just wait until part 3 and then make your mind up.