Get AVG Here

Guest LB

Guest ellas

not sure if I agree with you andsome,I'm running a paid version of norton ,although I wished I was not when it locked me out of windows after a s/restore when using me,and used AVG free for a while and found it good,using panda on the other and I think its better than NAV.

I use AVG on my eldest daughter's laptop and on my youngest's mini-tower.

Excellent value for money. :)

I'm using PC-Cillin on this PC because it was free with updates for 12 months for Halifax customers. Before that, this was also protected by AVG (and I still d/l the updates for my youngest).

However my really favourite AV was Inoculate-IT Free - now sadly R.I.P. ! :(

IMHO Norton puts it's tentacles in too many places in the registry, uses too many resources and once the firewall blocked me from the net by requiring a password - nothing had changed since my previous use.

Wouldn't allow me to uninstall or repair so a brute force uninstall came into play , deletion and severe registry hacking to clear it, Dozens of references in the registry. When I've uninstalled for others even using Nortons own uninstall leaves plenty in the registry, it's as bad as AOL in that respect :(

I try and stay away from ALL norton products for exactly the same reason as mark2 has stated.

There are far too many registry references and too many little background processes that seem to run and do nothing.

AVG represents excellent value for money and the words gifthorse and mouth spring to mind