Guest ellas

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Delete that reg file now,

To make sure system restore is off go start > control panel> sytem > system restore tab> put a tick in 'turn off system restore on all drives' that will get rid of all restore points then once the system is cleaned we can turn it back on

Don't try to reinstall NAV at the moment, in case it all goes wrong there. We really need to search the registry to ceck for all refernces to NAV before we try to reinstall it, I've never been successful with Norton uninstalling itself.

Then take the tick out of the boxes next to each of these

reg = regedit /s "C:\Documents and Settings\me\reg.reg

NvCplDaemon = RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

WCOLOREAL = "C:\Program Files\COMPAQ\Coloreal\coloreal.exe"

CPQEASYACC = C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\StartEAK.exe

NeroCheck = C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe

TkBellExe = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot

srmclean = C:\Cpqs\Scom\srmclean.exe

you could also disable the messenger ones too and use programs to launch it when you want it

I'm not sure what logon loader is so you can probably disable that too

you will have to reboot for these changes to take effect, so press the exit without restart button when done unless the A/V scan has finished.

when you reboot you will have a message 'you are using the system configuration utility' put a tick in the 'do not show this message again' box and it won't annoy you next time :D

Reboot once the A/V scan has finished ;)

Guest CalamityJane

:D p2ccolo :D

That is great news! Just wanted to say I have been following this thread, along with others, in the background and you had some excellent help. Plus your willingness to "stick with it" and posting results & questions was most admirable and you should be commended too!

I think it has been very educational for anyone who has read it - so you have probably all helped others!!

Good work, everyone B)