libupd~1.exe

Guest ellas

Just one thing to be wary of with 2 a/v on the system don't have them running as resident at the same time,as they may clash, only have one set to start with windows and use the other as a back up scan as you did using Gladiator. Next thing we need you to get running is your f/wall. ;)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

naaa, i trusted you....... :D

more GOOD news as well NAV is now installed and working properly, so i gues the virus that screwed it up has now gone for shaw!!!1 :D  :D

That's GREAT news, now with NAV and TH resident, you'll hopefully have powerful protection and won't get infected ever again: just be sure to keep both products updated. If you're especially paranoid like me, you can d/l daily updates to NAV from here: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...r/download.html (the daily intelligent updater virus defs are usually available before noon Pacific time of every weekday). TH update notices get posted to dslreports security forum and of course to TH forum -- then make sure you have your TH settings according to this pic I posted earlier: post-10-1041414385.jpg (1) automatically remove trojans tells TH to instantly kill any detected trojan servers in memory without prompting you, which doesn't give the malware any time to do its dirty work of altering the registry or disabling your AV and firewall; (2) shutdown protection creates a randomly named process in your windows temp directory which acts as a "watchdog" to alert you if any malware tries to surreptitiously shutdown the resident TH Guard; (3) load on startup is what you want TH Guard to do, so you have protection from the moment you boot into windows; (4) enabled is of course the state you want to have TH in. Good luck, you sound well on your way to healthy clean computing and you're to be commended for hanging in there and getting your system cleaned up. ;)