Blair on the brink ?

Tankus

Blair fails to get the second UN resolution..........

Brown is rearly on TV these days, very quiet and non committal .......................... salivating for the job.....

How long do you think that Blair has got.....(bearing in mind he has blown his chance for the EU President)....he will try to hang on for longer.........

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

I think that this would be A REALLY BAD TIME TO question our PM's credibility.

Crikey we're on the verge of war,I trust him.What more can I say?

Personally I can't stand the man. He is an absolute tosser and the quicker they remove him, the better. :angry:

He is being extremely selfish and not listening to his people (who put him there). Isn't this is a sign of dictatorship??? Why no referendum???

I know he believes he is right in his actions......Only time will tell, and maybe he will be commiting to the biggest mistake of his political career...Maybe he should be a friend to his own people and his neighbours and not a 'puppet' to George W Bush - Who doesn't give a 'hoot' about this country or Tony's career :blink: I personally do not trust his judgement, even though I voted for him.... ;)

Gotta say im with Shirl and madboy on this one.

I think that if it wasn't for him interviening George 'Dubya' Bush would have launched strikes at Iraq months ago.

Sure im all for taking Saddam out, but this should have been resolved in 1991!

I don't doubt Tony Blairs stance on war at all, he's doing an extremely good job and has the countrys interests at heart.

Having met him on several occasions (He stays at our hotel alot) i can say he's a bloody thoroughly nice bloke!

Guest George

Maybe his motive is not too bad after all, first Clare Short and now Robin Cook threatening to resign. Will the ship's steward be far behind?

I've never trusted the man but grudgingly I have to admit a tiny bit of admiration, unless he's looking for that escape route at the very last minute.

Being a tory boy through and through, i cannot stand Tony Blair....

I do however see the need to remove Sadaam from power and anyone that annoys the french goes up a notch or two in my book.

I think that the war (when it happens) is justified but also that TB will lose his job for not having a second resolution.

If he does find himself with a P45 and having to sign on on tuesday mornings, who will be next in the hotseat...control freak Gordon, Slugger John or that man so full of personality Ian Duncan Smith?? Sod it, lets have a laugh and chuck that liberal bloke whose name no one knows in.....

What the current situation shows is the complete lack of balls certain countries have and how America really runs the world....

It will be interesting to see what happens with north korea, imho a far greater threat than Iraq.

As an afterthought, if the army decides to strike for more danger money, will the fireman be given outdated equipment and fly to the middle east to cover for them????

Interesting point about North Korea........makes you wonder doesnt it, the fact that America have shipped a few thousand troops to South Korea, Maybe Bush tryin to fight 2 wars at the same time

Wish its was funny though ....except its not............................!

Now that we're committed I hope our troops get in and out quickly, with few casualties..............................

I wonder what happens next ..?

I hope the middle east powder keg does not go BANG !

Guest George

Received my renewal notice for house insurance today, attached was a special note, "Your house will not be insured against a terrorist attack."

These insurance boys don't take any chances!

Guest Mundy

Agree with you there Tankus, lets hope its over quickly.

Best case scenario, the Iraqi armed forces turn on there superiors and depose Saddam. They start waving white flags and everyone can then go home. The P.R. machine then kicks in... all the horrific crimes committed by him will be retold by witnesses now able to come forward and all his secret stockpile of chemical and biological warfare will be found and destroyed. The UK/US will be acclaimed for going it alone and the French political leaders will be shown up as the selfish t**** they really are.

Worse case scenario, o'h s*** look what you boys have triggered... (go see spooks earlier link).

Regarding the French have a look at this link.

Been watching CNN today............

I wonder if the military advance is going to have "time outs" so that the stations can fit in their advertising ? (like wot happens in American football !)

"Have a coke-fire a cruise.........."

"The next b52 raid has been sponsored by Starbucks...for those who need an adrenaline rush in the mornings....................................!"

BBC news 10pm Wed..... John Simpson was on the Iraqi boarder with a satellite video phone, equipped with an image intensifier allowing anybody watching the BBC to see what was happening in real time,talking about military manoeuvres on the boarder by US special forces...............

The best weapon a military commander has, is surprise..........!

Not much chance of this with the media in the mix ?