New printer?

Artist, if you have some faded silver photographs, it should be possible to re-develop them to get the image back.

The treatment consists of immersing them in an ordinary metol/HQ developer for a time to reduce the faded image back to silver. It isn't necessary to fix but it is necessary to give a very thorough wash afterwards - the first wash with dilute acid (stop bath or diluted vinegar)

They are pretty bad - a few of them - I've put a couple in the gallery - I mostly use them to see what I can do in PSP. I have many more in better condition.

Not used it on paper but, I don't think it made much difference to the depth of colour on the DVD printable suface but then, it wasn't a thing I was looking out for.

I've just sorted out some DVDs which have had the treatment. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to compare them against but, they look perfectly acceptable to me.

If you have an ASDA store that does digital printing they print for 15p each

Or go to BONUS PRINT and get them from 12p each

This will save you a fortune in printing costs and the quality is brilliant

Very good point, but it is not the same satisfaction as doing your own as and when you want them. I get my gloss photo paper from MX2 and have no problem with their price or quality, and cartridges from Choice stationery.