Protesting inappropriately

Zfactor

Is it unfair to do what I described?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is it unfair to do what I described?

• Yes
    • No
    • It is fair to protest, but unfair to do that to people who don't deserve it

So I am sitting here in my college's computer lab and there is this army recruiter desk sitting out in the lobby. There are a bunch of jerks (imo) in the lobby yelling about how the war in Iraq is unfair and racist et cetra. They are doing it right in front of the recruitment desk and giving these 3 soldiers a hard time about the war in Iraq as if it was their fault. Now, I don't care what you (being a universal you) believe about the war, fair or not, I can hardly see how anybody can blame the soldiers for the war, or for fighting in it.

I really do not like protests or protestors, and my general opinion of them is extremely low, mainly because I live in NYC, and being a major city, every time some group protests it takes me an hour extra to get where I need to go. Additionally I feel that the kind of protesting they do is useless, because they are not taking any ACTUAL action, like sending letters or going to washington to protest et cetra.

So I may be biased on this one, but I feel it is unfair for them to do this to the three soldiers just trying to do their jobs. I would be like if I went to an airport, and followed around a jet engine tech. and yelled at him/her about how airport security is atrocious. For one its not that person's job or fault, also that person is just trying to make an honest living, and doesn't need me giving him/her all kinds of crap about it.

So what do you all think about this? Is it inappropriate to heckle these three people about something that is out of their control?

Those soldiers where doing there job.

They are trying to do a job, recruit people that are proud and want to protect their country although they have a choice, it is their job and their career. It isnt as if they havent been trained to do it.

Protesting in my eyes is ok, just so long as it is a peaceful protest with a meaning. To me people are more willing to support a cause if it doesnt directly affect their daily live's like going out and about. But taking some of the riots that happened in the UK where wrong when the fox hunting bans where going on.

There where people that where there doing a calm peaceful protest trying to put their point of view accross.... it is just the mindless minority that went there looking for a physical show of strength rather than a mental test which i think marred what was trying to be achieved.

Heh ..... I'm often on the but end of customer services .....where " difficult " problems get left for me to sort out ...face to face .... Ive had death threats and Ive been assaulted 3 times .......

But even though if they are at their wits end ...but still polite ...I will go the extra mile for ..........

All comes down to.... respect for your fellow man ....

Same with demo's .......

Politician's are fair game though ....................

I well remember the THUGS who raided the coking works during the miners strike some years ago, at the instigation of Arthur Scargill. Many innocent people were injured. I remember how the Nottingham miners, who did not want to strike and did not agree with Scargills views were assaulted and their homes damaged. I remember some of these thugs standing on motorway bridges and hurling rocks onto cars passing underneath. Someone actually got killed. Protest by all means, but keep it peaceful. Also coming to mind is the recent theft of the remains of an old lady from a churchyard in Staffordshire by animal right protesters. All the above and many others make me feel thoroughly sick.

• 2 months later...