Is Saddam dead

andsome

eh...........The above post I thought would highlight the pointlessness of the Iraqi army fighting.

I like this country...where did that idea come into your head...... andsome....Im just cynical at the information that emanates from our politicians?

I would have preferred that if the original agenda was "regime change" why did they not go in small scale and just kill Saddam........

Can I take it that you also think that we should have made friends with Hitler, Mussolini, and the emporer of Japan?

Insulting.......as memebers of my family died too..........without that I would not have the freedom to say what Im thinking about here.......

Do you honestly equate now and Saddam....with the world in the 1930's and Hitler ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

60 years on ....... and war is becoming a video game.......I don't know who said it, but "war is the result of our politicians failure".......?(Sun Tze ?)

Are you confident that we are there for the right reasons....?

We are still at the start of what is going to happen in the Middle East .....not the end..........(US war gamers did not plan to fight the war as it eventually unfolded..but they had set goals and were able adapt on the hoof !..What about the political gamers...as good as the military strategists ? )

The only winners here are going to be the Irainians......

Maybe its because Ive had such an easy life (I'm in my early 40,s) and not suffered any hardships Ive got a very naive point of veiw....

My Grandfather did not speak of it very often because it upset him ,but he fought up through North Africa into Italy in an A10 tank destroyer, once in Libya he was the only one to get out (burning his legs) losing what he considered to be the best friends that he had ever had...lived, sleeped and ate together in very close confines....He lived into his late 80,s still having the occasional nightmare over what happened during the War (2)

Just hate to see people going through that and far worse, irrespective of where they are from.......

I just cannot help feeling that in the light of all our technological advances in the last 60, years gone ...we cannot seem to advance socially as much..

i dont know if anyone saw question time on BBC1 last night but there was alot of anti Western sentiment on the show.....

there seems to be a bit of turmoil within the arab states with an almost unanimous call for the US & UK to leave the area whilst at the same time the same arab states are slating america for not doing enough with the isreal/palestine situation...can they really have it both ways? I think not.

It was also interesting to note that on the show there were alot of arabs slating the coalition for the war in iraq, however one of the only people that said "Well done it was the right thing to do..." was an iraqi that lives in iraq...........speaks for itself doesn't it!!

On the original question, i hope sadaam isn't dead and that he is found quickly and bought to account for the atrocities that he has comitted.

Tankus

No offence or insults meant at all. It is very difficult to discuss these sorts of matters by posts to a form. The ideal way of course is over a quiet drink, where one point can be followed by a reply, then by a counter reply etc etc. Regarding Blair, I personally do not have a lot of time for him or his government, but cannot help but feel that he has handled this subject well.

I feel that we have now got away from the original question when I first started this thread.

Any way, I hope that we are still forum friends, and perhaps such contentious subjects are not good material for such a forum as this, where most of the postings are of a light hearted or frivelous nature.

Tankus

You would be a bit q ueer if you did not fancy Nellie more than me, but as you can well imagine the girls find my ansome looks irresistable. Had to come back and edit this because the stupidid beeper would not allow the use of q ueer

Guest Nellie2

I did............I was showing off so everyone would know that I could spell separate and definite

[edit] You are part of a dwindling band. In 25 years it will be seperate and definate (or even defanate) [edit] :lol:

post-1-1051383149_thumb.gif