Budget 2003

So its happened a little earlier than normal, and for the first time in something like 50 years during armed conflict but has a lot else changed?

Are we really any better or worse off?

Is an extra 8p on a pack of 20 really going to make you quit smoking?

Is the fact that having kids seems to earn you some money really a reason to add to the population?

What ya think?

Only an idiot would think up a scheme to pay every child in the country a sum of money. Does he really think that this will encourage many of the morons who have kids these days to save? We bought our kids up by our own hard work. I was out of the house including travel time for about thirteen hours a day. We have enough scrounging going on as it is. Regarding cigarettes he can do what he wants with those. I could fill the whole of this page and more, but won't bore you. I had to agree with critics of the last Tory government regarding the slease, but this lot have been worse. I won't mention names because of the libel laws, but we all know who spent thousands of tax payers money on wall paper. We all know who is the millionaire labour peer who gained over a million pounds last year, ( you notice that I did not say earned), and paid NO TAX at all because he can afford to pay for creative accounting. Enough said before my keyboard ignites.

Guest Nellie2

Hope you don't mind Sir Radfordin but I have moved this topic to the Debates board......thought it was more appropriate.

As for the budget......well it means a lot more work for me I can tell you. But as for the fund for kids........well they won't be able to access it before they are 18 and I will bet all my dosh that the money will have to be used on higher education, ie university fees etc. But we will have to wait 18 years to find out!!!!

In the budget it's always motorists, beer and ciggies that get clobbered.

the three 'addictive' things we are allowed legally to buy. They always claim they want us to cut down on these things as the reason for attacking these items, if we were all to quit where would they then get the dosh?

The govt probaby lose more revenue on these items and the french/belgians gain after the budget thanks to the booze/ciggie trips :(

Guest purrfectlillady2000

8p on ciggies........sickens my ass.We keep the country already.I support Labour.....but whichever party, they all hit the smokers..... we are all banned from endless places.Yet keep this country financially stable.Thats my moan for the day.... :rolleyes:

8p on a pack of Malboro lights wont make a difference to me seeing as a Spanish pal of mine sells em me for £2:00 a pack!!! Woooohooooooo......

Err i hope nobody here works for customs! :ph34r:

:D