TIME/TINY

not much can go wrong if its the right bios,the difference between madboys xp upgrade and mine is hp kindly provided a xp supported bios with clear instructions on its site,m/soft recommend a bios upgrade to support xp,madboy has a very old bios and lets it face it how many of us are using drivers nearly 4 years old,when I did the remote the system feels a bit flacky with error after error in the error log (madboy can you post some of these) a bios upgrade can transform a system but it does not look like we can find one for madboy anyway.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the trouble with comps from Time/Tiny et al, they buy in a bulk lot of mobos that are soon to be superseded whack em in and sell em quick, only trouble is when we buy a time/tiny set up we don't know enough to realise this. Its only with experience we find this out and wish we had gone for a more expensive set up with uprade possibilities. :(

Craig has also advised on doing a clean install of XP which i will be doing in the near future and clearing out all the TINY clutter on my HDD

one thing that is troubling me, if i do change to NTFS will my zip drive work on it as i see it is FAT(not FAT32)

madboy33

yes zip will work,clean install you must format it and hope the recovery discs are accepted because I tried to do a clean install to ntfs from the upgrade cd and it would not let me,so think carefully about that,madboy try ntfs ,before you do I will post to show you how easy it is to get the recovery discs to delete ntfs and go back to fat32.

NTFS and system recovery

If you chose the NTFS (Windows NT File System) option during a Windows XP New Installation, you will need to delete the non-DOS partition of the hard drive before starting a system recovery using the System Recovery CD. Otherwise, you will not be able to use the System Recovery CD that came with the computer later if wanting to reinstall Windows 98.

If after upgrading to Windows XP, you select to convert your file system to NTFS, you can no longer revert to Windows 98 without losing all your data. You also will need to repartition your hard disk drive using the FDISK utility on your hard drive for the System Recovery CD to work.

problems here folks

i assume that in the bios i have to change the 1st item to start, ie do i want the HDD to start 1st? ide1, which is where my slow cd rom is or IDE2 where my fast cd-rw is situated

i have tried it in the bios but cant get the configuration right for the XP CD to load 1st and get the option to re-format

regards

madboy33

set 1st boot as cdrom for now and XPcd in the master cdrom/rw, my set up where I have dvd cdrw and hd, I have to use dvd tio boot from as it is set to master of the pair dvd/cd you should find that then picks the master cd to boot from

should have refreshed 1st :P

well folks you are not going to believe this, but i have founs some drivers for my scanner and guess what

wooooohooooooooooo, i have my scanner working and up and running

aint i good

a bit of detective work and how to add the software and i now have a perfect scanner again

madboy33