Is the Half-Life 2 EULA illegal?

Rebel=UK=

It does not say anything on the box and the EULA of HL2 that you NEED to have a internet connection and that you will be forced to install steam if you want to play the game. If you dont have a net connection you cannot in most cases take the game back because its been opened and most shops wont take it back incase youve copied it...... r can you....

The UK's Office of Fair Trading conveniently notes an example of when goods can be returned as faulty:

[The goods must be] fit for their purposes, including any particular purpose mentioned by you to the seller – for example, if you are buying a computer game and you explain you want one that can be played on a particular machine, the seller must not give you a game that cannot be played on that machine.

More HERE

on another but similar note. I Was thinking that if i bought a game and didint like it and wanted take it back...if the shop refused could i just say that i dont agree with the EULA? as like stated in that site above i cant read the EULA until ive opend the box as its not shown in the shops............ :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...