Everybody's doin' it!

Guest Nellie2

Guest Nellie2

I have been having a good think about the website thing just recently and decided that my efforts were a tad rubbish to say the least.....plus I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

So I am starting again.....from scratch.......this is what I have spent the last couple of hours working on......including finding out the basics of HTML.........what do you think? Good idea? I just have the one page at the mo but will probably have to redesign that as I go along and add others.

Here is the link anyway.

God loves a trier!

Thats good nel, I would love to start a web page from manually inputting HTML, Its probably the best way to learn.

Pretty soon you'll be an expert....then you can teach it to me! :D

Guest Nellie2

Well I thought the best place to start is at the begining. I think I need to know how the HTML works before I start using an editing program......all that lot was done in notepad. But as things get a bit more complicated then I will go on to use a design program.

I'm only on page 31 of my book too....... :lol:

You're making me envious. My new .plus.net bb that's due to come on line on 1th May says I can have a 25Mb Web site. Might give it a go and paste my jogging things on it. For this I will need mega mega help. :)

What are the buttons mark? are they images?.....have you put everything together in the right place? have you uploaded the buttons or are they left behind in another folder on your pc?

Ahhhhhhh :lol: :lol:

Thats quite good then, it means if you get stuck anytime I can go through step by step at my end!!!!

all i will say though, is create a new folder and store everything in that, index.htm, page 1, 2, all your images, etc.

Once youve gone back over it let me know if you cant spot anything and Ill hook up my laptop with 'that secret prog' on!

Cheers

Damo

Guest he he :-)â„¢

everybodies doin' the brand new dance now come on baby do the locomotion..... :lol: :lol: :lol: blast from the past.... yeah that looks good mark2

I will get it right eventually even if it kills me :D but I think I shall have a lot more work to do before it's as polished as your site Damo.

hehe, not a blast from your past, well before your time :D :D, I can only just remember it :P

Ive only really been able to have a glance at it, Ive been so busy at work, 14 hour nights are not fun!!!!

Then ive been delving into my site aswell....there just aren't enough hours in the day!

:D

Hi

Well here is my site Freiburg Nomads. (it is all about our cricket club here in Freiburg. The History page makes interesting reading about how we started)

I started it February last year (i did not have a clue what i was doing either)

The most of it was done with dreamweaver 4 (and to be honest it still is) as the site is always updated with info for our members, it's just quicker.

But all the extras i did my self, guest-book etc..

Even though the site is done with DW whether you like it or not you will learn the basics of HTML.

The forums i only added the other day, i want to see how they take off, if they are well received then i will host my own forum Yabb or maybe the software for this one.

Tony

PS Nellie good work so far, but that banner ad at the bottom is a real big distraction (Sorry)

Nice site Tony, I love the weather report on the home page!

Your quite right about using Dreamweaver, Beginner or advanced, YOU WILL learn HTML from it. ( I use Dreamweaver MX)

Cheers

Damo

when u go to mine... when u put ur mouse over a topic... it turnes red... do u want the code?

If you are talking to me he he

then no thanks.

that is easier enouth to do anyway, i am happy with just the curser tuning to a hand.

Thanks any way

Tony :)

Guest he he :-)â„¢
when u go to mine... when u put ur mouse over a topic... it turnes red... do u want the code?

If you are talking to me he he

then no thanks.

that is easier enouth to do anyway, i am happy with just the curser tuning to a hand.

Thanks any way

Tony :)

ok

I've been trying to learn a little HTML, but then I saw this article which said, "Learn XHTML and Cascading Style Sheets instead. They will be the new language of the web". So I went to Smiths and bought a couple of books - one on XHTML and CSS (first page said, "If you know HTML, you know 85% of XHTML") and one on Javascript. I shall be a web design genius when I've read 'em (which may take a while).

Anyway, Nellie - keep at it. You'll get a flash of inspiration and next thing you'll have a great site with a million visitors a week. :o

Damo's right, it is addictive. :blink: