An Honour for Eric Sykes.

sapins

Just watched Eric Sykes on the Des and Mel show. He still makes me laugh out loud.

When is he going to receive an honour? There must be hundreds of people who have been honoured who are nowhere near him. He must have seriously upset someone somewhere!

So, what do you think?

You are absolutely right, sapins. And it came as a bit of a shock because I thought he was already an OBE, at least. However, when I googled him there was no mention of any honour apart from showbiz ones.

He is a great, droll man with enormous talent.

Thos.

The honours system needs scrapping altogether except for acts of bravery etc. What singles out an actor/actress, or comedian/comedienne etc, from other people doing there normal every day job in a satisfactory manner? Why does one footballer or cricketer get a gong and not another? They are just worthless pieces of metal and ribbon.