Homecomputeraid's web site

homecomputeraid

If my peers here could do me the favor of taking a look at my web site, it would be much appreciated!

I've been working on it little-by-little. It's a bit more commercial than it used to be. I'm not planning on getting rich from the ads, but it would certainly be nice to make enough to pay for the site eventually.

Please let me know how you like the look and feel, and if you think I can improve the way I present the information. I'd also like to know if you have any other useful utilities for home users.

It's at http://www.homecomputeraid.com.

I recently found that I come up on the first or second page on msn search when I type free antivirus downloads! :)

Thanks!

Sharp and to the point.

You don't need Disneyfied cartoons, loads of flashing bits, things squirming all over the place and silly bugs and monsters all over the screen.

Your site gives an air of seriousness and "knowing what you're talking about".

Keep it on the same theme. Excellent!

Wow, thanks folks!

daddyassa, I can't tell you how many times friends, relatives, and co-workers have come to me with PC problems that turn out to be viruses and spyware. It makes me a little angry that people don't yet know that it's an absolute necessity to have antivirus software. I do understand that some people may not want to pay an annual recurring fee for it, but hopefully they'll find the free ones on my site useful and take a moment to install them. :)

Every time I read the site, I find little tweaks, but I hope by and large it's understandable to the audience I'm writing to. Mostly home users with not too much computer knowledge. Thanks Thos.

Nice hearing from all of you who took a moment to look it over and provide feedback. :)

I wish my daughter would listen to a bit of common sense regarding her crap top, but she thinks I am just scaremongering. So far she has been lucky, but I wonder how long it will last. I have put Adaware, Spybot and Spyware Blaster on there, but every time I look at it they are all several weeks out of date. To compound matters she is on dial up, and so has a chance of getting rouge diallers. Why is it that an idiot like that has got away with it so far, and yet people who just don't know and have no one to advise, get into all sorts of trouble?

Only one problem here: in the section about "IE Alternatives" you stated that the free version of Opera has annoying "buy Opera" ads. Fortunately I have great news: Opera dropped their pay version of the browser some months ago, and now the browser is only available as a completely free version - no popups, no ad banner, no crippleware, etc. You no longer have to buy Opera, and (as a result) they've removed the ad banner :smile:

Otherwise this is a sharp-looking and informative website, Chief.

Thanks tech10171968! I'll update tonight.

Hope your daughter gets Antispyware situation straight andsome! Maybe you could load M$ Antispyware if she has XP or 2000? It's still free and it updates itself automatically.

Thanks to andsome, daddyassa, -pops-, thos, Alan2273, and all who took a moment to look at my site. :)

Hope your daughter gets Antispyware situation straight andsome! Maybe you could load M$ Antispyware if she has XP or 2000? It's still free and it updates itself automatically.

She is online only when she feels the need, she may miss auto updates. I have now given up on her.

Well done Ted, very clean and professional looking, loads quick and all links work fine and also load fast. :smile:

I did notice one thing, in fact it jumped right off the page at me and I was not certain at first if it was a mistake. I looked at the source code though and saw it was intentional. Not sure why you have done it this way as it is the only instance that I have found so far.

On the page, "Windows Tune up" under "Update windows and harden your system". The first word "Even" has the letter E in bold type, is this intentional? :smile:

• 11 months later...