SiteAdvisor

Scarecrow Man

http://www.siteadvisor.com/

How SiteAdvisor Works and How we Protect Your Privacy

As you use SiteAdvisor's software, it checks our master database in order to display our safety ratings about the sites you visit. We do this because our database of safety ratings is far too large and too frequently changing for us to send it to you in advance when you download our software.

We never store information about where specific users go online or about what they do online. We do keep master anonymous logs of which sites our users visit so we can prioritize those sites for retesting. These logs contain no information about which users visited which sites -- no personally identifying information, and not even users' IP addresses.

For more information on how we protect your privacy, see our privacy policy.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ie_learnmore.html

Download for:

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Here's a sample, but the website has more information.

freeipod_Google4.gif

Firefox Installation Instructions:

1. Click the radio button above which says "I agree to these terms and conditions" if you have read and agree to the terms.

2. Click the button above which says "Install." You must be using the Firefox web browser.

3. If Firefox displays this message at the top of the browser window:

firefoxoptions.gif

* Click the button which says "Edit Options..."

* When the "Allowed Sites" window appears, type "www.siteadvisor.com" into the address box if it does not already appear.

* Click the "Allow" Button.

* Click "Close."

* Click the above "Install" button again and follow the on-screen instructions.

You will need to close all Firefox windows and restart the browser.

Firefox Installation Instructions:

1. Click the radio button above which says "I agree to these terms and conditions" if you have read and agree to the terms.

2. Click the button above which says "Install." You must be using the Firefox web browser.

3. If Firefox displays this message at the top of the browser window:

firefoxoptions.gif

* Click the button which says "Edit Options..."

* When the "Allowed Sites" window appears, type "www.siteadvisor.com" into the address box if it does not already appear.

* Click the "Allow" Button.

* Click "Close."

* Click the above "Install" button again and follow the on-screen instructions.

You will need to close all Firefox windows and restart the browser.

:unsure: I did just like you said but it's Still not working, What am i doing wrong???

It still dosen't show up as an extension??? :unsure:

Worked fine for me on both IE and Firefox.

Are you certain you are installing from Firefox?

Well uuummm :unsure: , I don't want this to sound rude but, --How certain could i possibly be.??

I realize that i haven't specified what browser i'm using. ( Firefox v1.5.0.2 ) ;) Is what i'm using. ( yah )

I still can't get it working, i don't even see anything refering to site advisor in my extensions folder. :unsure:

EDIT:>

Nevermind i got it working now, i just uninstalled then reinstalled and now it's goin' :D :P

Sorry -pops-, i didn't mean to sound like an @#*hole.. ;)

No need to apologise.

Re-installing Firefox was going to be my next suggestion as I considered, as I had no problem downloading in both browsers, there could only be two possibilities: either you were trying to install from a different browser or that Firefox was somehow corrupted.

:)

If SiteAdvisor is causing a problem, there are a few similar alternatives that may be worth a look:-

Netcraft

Trustwatch

CallingID

FraudEliminator

Earthlink

SiteHound

As with the SiteAdvisor bar, they mainly seem to rely on a database of checked or reported sites, none of these are terribly comprehensive. Using more than one could be an idea, but you'd end up with a load of bumph cluttering up the toolbars and I have no idea if they'd co-exist peaceably or not.

No need to apologise.

Re-installing Firefox was going to be my next suggestion as I considered, as I had no problem downloading in both browsers, there could only be two possibilities: either you were trying to install from a different browser or that Firefox was somehow corrupted.

:)

Re-installing Firefox

:) Nah, I just un/reinstalled Siteadvisor :D It worked ok after that, --- I guess i just did something wrong the first time around..

Oh heck no, I'd never unistall firefox with all the cool stuff i've installed in it.. :blink:

Thanks.. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is necessary to download SiteAdvisor using the browser it is intended for. If you downloaded the IE version and are trying to install it on Firefox, it will not work.