ive got a pc query!

poppy1910

Now before i begin, i have to explain that i am honestly and totally a pc dimwit ok! i am pc stoopid, ask anyone who knows me, especially the member of this forum who first got me in here, who i usually bend his ear for such things lol. ok here goes! how can you save a piece of text off a webpage to a folder in 'my documents'?? i either end up saving an entire page for a few lines i want, or copying n pasting the afore mentioned few lines of text, then sending them to myself in an email!! is it possible to save the few lines without every dot, squiggle and icon on the page? is this possible? if its very technical, ill have to keep sending myself emails, lol! for example, can i save a specific single post off here, without saving the entire page, all of 29 posts or something? please help me! or just shoot me!! and thankyou to nellie for closing my tags because i keep forgetting too, xx

p.s. i didnt know where to put this post, theres not a 'idiots post here' column to post in!! :unsure:

Just highlight the area that you want to save, by dragging the pointer across from left to right, and then upwards. Right click on the highlighted area and select COPY, or click edit in the top left had corner and click COPY. Then open up wherever you want to save to, click EDIT/PASTE.

Yep thats what I do!

That's what I've just done with nellie's previous post, poppy. Highlighted it, right clicked 'copy' ( which stores it on your clipboard) , and in 'reply to post' I just clicked the 'quote' tab and then right-clicked again and used 'paste' to drop nellie's quote into my own post. Click the 'quote' tab again to close the quotes and you're set. The info. you stored on your clipboard will stay there until you clear it by storing something new or shutting down. So you can highlight and save any text anywhere on the web and right click and paste it into anywhere you want to store it. Notepad is good, then you can save the notepad file anywhere you like.

i am delighted and proud to be in the company of such knowledgable people! (not to mention the most extremely attractive and handsome!!) :P

thanks for your help, peeps! xx

I'm getting to like this, keep 'em coming. MORE MORE