Regional Assemblies

peter e

Announcement from two jags...

Voters in three regions of northern England are to get referendums on whether they want regional parliaments. The North East, the North West and Yorkshire and the Humber will get to say whether they want elected regional assemblies. There's apparently little interest in the idea in the South, so they're not included.

Power devolved to (some of) the people - or bigger council tax bills to pay for another politicians' gravy train? Is the hallmark of this Government "change for the sake of change" or "the modernisation of our nation"?

What do you think? :blink:

More 'divide and conquer' I think, they seem intent on dismantling the Uk, make it easier for the eurocrats to get a foothold.

Going to be more politicians on more gravy trains, payback to tonies cronies, gotta find a job for all of 'em.

Its not for the North only Pete...........

Some Peeps might know that I'm Welsh ,(but I live in London) .

But my old MP used to be that well known naturalist Ron Davies (Caerphilly).It was known for years that the badgers weren't safe in Machen and Rudry woods when the commons were not sitting...Men could not walk the woods in safety.............but he ended up in charge as the main bullshitter in chief of the Welsh Assembly..............

We ended up with the still being built, at vast sums, Taffy bulls*** shed in Cardiff where the tossers can argue all day long why the East Glamorgan social services get soft toilet paper in their toilets , while the West Glamorgan one's have to make do with the hard scrapie medicated stuff............!

BASTARDS all ....... on the make...! another layer of greasy irrelevant politicos out to line their own pockets at your expense ......and have a Good laugh at YOU..... while doing so........... YOUR council tax will go UP to pay for these pigs at the trough for no foreseeable change to the way you live or get serviced..........

TOSSERS ALL.......!

The Welsh got an "elected " assembly on roughly 15~18 % of the total eligible election base.................................

BASTARDS

Waste of money, time, and space, ...............................

Badgers are a protected species ,and should be made safe from New Labour politicians.....Its just not right...................!

SAVE THE BADGER ....keep them safe from labour politicos and their nasty ways...

VOTE NOW....! .........

The choice is yours .....!

Guest Nellie2

To be honest with you I am getting sick and tired of all this change for changes sake......... it's like someone is sitting in whitehall and thinking oh.....this is a good idea.... then before you know it you have some badly thought out plan being shoved down your throat......... trouble with politicians is that they just don't live in the real world.

Guest Nellie2

And......... I didnt vote for Blair in the last election, I voted for my local Labour MP because his manefesto was the best, in my mind, for my area..... yet 'cos he got in then that was one more seat for the Labour gov. What are you supposed to do, put up with crap locally in the hope that centrally you will get a better deal!

Tankus

hello. Yes unfortunately the Welsh Assembly has turned out to be a farce. :angry:

No doubt I will have the opportunity to vote on the new regional assemblies and my vote will be no. They are to many quangos, gravy trains, for the "hanger on's" :(

I agree with

Nellie2, what choice did we have. Not a lot. :D

"Most of the Welsh knew it would be a farce even before the vote....Yet it happened ....................! "

Don't they realise who is paying for this?

I'll be, please excuse me, buggered if I will pay these hanger on's via my council tax :angry:

What authority will they have, local transport, errrrrr? cost of ice creams at seaton carew, all expenses paid trip to european capitals to see how they do it?? :(

Please please ladies and gents. How could you want to deprive the politicians of more jobs for the boys and girls? Just think we will eventually be ruled in order of decreasing relevance by, Brussels, Westminster, Regional Assembly, County Council, District council, Town council, Parish council. We will all probably have a job on one body or the other.

does this mean that the rest of england could soon be the victim of a concerted bombing campaign from the GLA (Geordie Liberation Army)? And will there be loyalists and republicans in newcastle and other areas that will be battling for and against their respective areas to stay a part of England?

When are the politicians of this country going to realise that the change we want is in education, health and transport and that we are not interested in whether the major decisions are made in westminster or in bloody manchester, just have the balls to make the decision?

In my mind the only decent thing that has been done by this government is Iraq, and that is only cause our Tone is the lapdog of a certian Azalea Bush!

When are the politicians of this country going to realise that the change we want is in education, health and transport and that we are not interested in whether the major decisions are made in westminster or in bloody manchester, just have the balls to make the decision?

Quite right, Lived Backwards. The gutless beggars are too busy covering their backs, keeping on-side for the knighthood, and taking care of their pension rights. There was no choice worth making in the last election - that's why a significant number of people didn't take the trouble to vote. It wasn't apathy, as the politicians tried to make out, it was abstention on a massive scale. The politicians then ran round like headless chickens saying things like "voting should be compulsory", and "we'll make postal voting the norm".

Don't they realise that the majority of the British public believe they are a bunch of self-serving wasters who are in politics simply to better themselves and certainly not there to benefit the public. Like that film, there should be a "None of the Above" option on the ballot paper.

Rant ended! Feel a little better now, thank you. :rolleyes:

Pete

Not a rant Pete ...just a statement of fact................

There is something rotten deep at the core of this country and it sits at westminster.......

I just feel dispair...........with no clue as to what "we" should do.........

here's a typical statement just yesterday..."in order to improve the rail service we are going to increase the prices to travel , and reduce the number of trains in service................"

If an animal was this sick ...you would have to put it down........!

Cook and Short called Blair a liar tonight

In my short life I can never remember a PM being called this before by ex ministers

TRUST.....................?

ACCOUNTABILITY....?

COMPEDANCE..........?

small words but sadly lacking in our current political climate

Despair! Yep, just about how I feel at times. But our history is dotted with emerging heroes and heroines at a time of great need. Maybe... just maybe... another one is due.

I Like that plan to improve services. What genius thought that up? Whoever he or she is, they are on a par with the senior management in my organisation. Yep, "despair" just about says it all.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Better an honest nutter ,than a dishonest one ...eh...... Sir T ?

Frankly I think that Icke is not as out to lunch as he portrays , he is making a tidy living out of it....!

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut,that held its ground

...........Oh boy..............

Maybe he should be in politics , there is no difference !, because cheesy spouts as much unbelievable crap as Icke