Identity Cards

Guest LB

David Blunkett wants us all to pay £39 a pop to the government so that it can afford to spy on us, a leaked letter on ID card proposals reveals.

Would you pay £39 for an ID card?

Big Brother is another step closer!!

Hi

I have no problem what so ever with ID cards.

It would in fact make my life a lot easier, as i live in Germany, having no form of Photo ID apart from my Pass Port, It means i really should carry my Pass Port every where with me. Can you imagine the state it would be in after a couple of years.

On the other hand i would NOT pay £39 for one. In Germany they have a 10 year ID card that cost about £15, and with this they can travel most places in Europe, my wife does not even take her Pass Port to England when we go over and has never had any problems at customs.

As for the Big Brother thing, they all ready know every thing they need to know about us.

All the best

Tony

I am 150% in favour of I.D. cards, but the suggested price seems rather steep to me, especially for low income folk. The technology is there as I understand it, for one card to stand in for all cards. There are chips so small now that one card could serve as a switch card, I.D. card, credit card, social security card, medical card, etc etc. Now that would be an improvement, at present I have a wallet full of plastic.

there was something that said that the over 65's would only pay a fiver....

for a proposed plan it all seems pretty advanced to me!

If that's the case, then the sooner the better. It can only be good for those who have nothing to hide, especially if as is possible, the one card eventually replaced all the other plastic.