IE7 Menu Bar position

Irene

This do?

This do?

* Close Internet Explorer.

* Go to START-->RUN and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.

* Naviage to the Key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser.

* In the white area to the right, right-click and select NEW-->DWORD and label this new entry ITBar7Position and hit ENTER.

* Double-click the ITBar7Position entry you just created to open it's properties window and change the value from 0 to 1.

* Close the registry editor.

* Open Internet Explorer 7 and you will now see the Menu Bar at the top.

Well thank you Nellie2. For me that was awsome! I have never before attempted regedit.

Yet another first for me from this WondowsForum. Since I retired I have had a steeper learning curve than I have had for years!!! Thank you :flowers:

If you aren't sure about exporting a registry key then do a system restore point before you make any changes

I ALWAYS do a backup before making ANY changes to my machines, even installing Windows updates.

I don't rely on System Restore any more as I've been let down by it more than once.

Nice. I was quite confused why the menu bar was below the address bar in this new version. Even more confusing, why it was turned off by default.

Thanks Nellie! :)

Here's another annoyance. To get into History you have three options. Go into favourites, then go to the History icon, or browse to a webpage, and use the icon underneath the 'forward' button. Or, use Ctrl+Shift+H

Not very friendly for a first time user. IE6 had a nice big button for history, and I miss it!