Word Letters and Window Envelopes

AlanHo

I use window envelopes quite often and find folding the letter into thirds to get the address correctly positioned a bit hit and miss. Here is a solution which places a small line in the right hand margin to use as a folding guide. By placing it on your letter template and saving the result - all future letters will be so marked.

For an A4 size letter.

Open letter template in print layout view

Open drawing toolbar – then draw a short line in the right margin (holding shift key down will help getting the line horizontal)

Right click on the line – choose format >autoshape and turn on the layout tab

Set wrapping to square and click advanced button

Set horizontal position to absolute – 7.95” (20.2 cm) to right of page

Set vertical position to absolute – 4.15” (10.5 cm) below page

On size tab - select width of 0.3”.

Change line colour and thickness if desired.

Make any adjustments to the recommended positions to suit your specific envelopes.

It is easier to fold the bottom of the letter up to the line - then make the second fold - rather than the other way round.

I use window envelopes quite often and find folding the letter into thirds to get the address correctly positioned a bit hit and miss. Here is a solution which places a small line in the right hand margin to use as a folding guide. By placing it on your letter template and saving the result - all future letters will be so marked.

Wow! I am very impressed.

I just tried it on my personal (home created) letterhead. How on earth did you work it out? It folds perfectly!

You get a gold star for that. :good: