Israel, Iran top 'negative list'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6421597.stm

A majority of people believe that Israel and Iran have a mainly negative influence in the world, a poll for the BBC World Service suggests.

The only other country that was rated 'negative' by more than 50% is The United States.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah,

I work for the police and I know how much they fudge the figures this side..if only the public knew !!

:(

Throughout the years I spent earning a crust I was knee deep in statistics, and their generation, for quite a lot of time. Having done a course in college on the little blighters I was always aware of their flexibility and the need to define various parameters in their presentation. One of the books on the subject that I found extremely readable, and also very enlightening, was a Pengin book called "Facts from Figures" by a man called M. J. Maroney. It was first published in the early 50s and is an excellent and eye opening work.

Yeah,

I work for the police and I know how much they fudge the figures this side..if only the public knew !!

:(

Throughout the years I spent earning a crust I was knee deep in statistics, and their generation, for quite a lot of time. Having done a course in college on the little blighters I was always aware of their flexibility and the need to define various parameters in their presentation. One of the books on the subject that I found extremely readable, and also very enlightening, was a Pengin book called "Facts from Figures" by a man called M. J. Maroney. It was first published in the early 50s and is an excellent and eye opening work.

Still available

I loved Mike Maroney's tome, I found it presented stats in a most readable way. Much better than the weighty Tomes full of formulae. Mike made the maths easy and I then found that the more technical tomes much easier to follow and understand.