Silly Question

Depending on how old the system is I would 1st check out the cmos battery I think :huh: , but I would doublecheck the clock in the taskbar 1st see if it is keeping correct time between boot ups.

Doug types quicker than I :P

PC bought in Oct 2002

Keeps time no problem

Athlon XP 1700

256MB PC2100 DDR

ECS K7S5A Mobo

64MB GeForce2 MX400 Gphx

350W PSU

40BG HDD

FDD

CD Rom

56K modem

machine used as 'master' on home network of 3 machines (if I need DVD &etc I use one of the other ones).

Looks pretty harmless to me - I look after it well enough! Don't know what upset it :blink:

Hi

That seems to be a common problem with your Mother Board.

I had one of them and it used to do that every month or so, so i changed it, still the same model and now it has no probs.

All i used to do was enter the BIOS set up by pressing the Delete key on start up then navigate to the CPU set up section, one of the options there will probally say 100/100 you will have to change that to say 133/133 then your CPU will run at the correct speed.

Good luck

Tony

Tony - I'm very grateful for the explanatory info - machine is very happy now - Thank you. I'm delighted! :D

Lived B........ - Thank you too - you have no idea how comforting your response was - I'm having a bad day (so I have been told by a couple of people now :unsure: )

Cheers !

don't ask

(hmmmmm - I seem to have chosen an appropriate name, but please don't ask!!)