Jumping Cursor

mattymoo

Hi

I don't know where to post this, but I have a really annoying problem

When I start typing, whether it be in Word, Outlook or within IE, my cursor keeps jumping back to a previous line or sentence and if I carry on typing because I haven't noticed it, I end up having typed a load of rubbish. I had the problem on my previous laptop and concluded it was a bug. When I bought this laptop, I transferred files and settings and it carried on doing it, so it seemed like I had stupidly transferred the bug across.

However I had to do a factory restore on my laptop last night and I've only reloaded a few of my files and my Outlook file and I can't believe it - it's still doing it.

Has anyone ever come across anything like this before or know how I can identify where the bug is and zap it once and for all?

Thanks

Pauline

PS/ It did it 3 times whilst I was typing this message!

Whilst Gagaman's reply seems most plausible, there is also some "Joke" software called Crazy Mouse which has a similar effect.

If you're still affected after looking at the Gagaman suggestion, Goooooogle "Crazy Mouse Prank" and see what that come up with.

• 3 years later...

I have this problem too. I looked in the programs thing and couldn't find anything. Anything else I should be trying? This does get annoying, especially on forums and you're making long posts. What irritates me is that I have to continusly go back and erase my mistakes just to spell everything correctly. This is very frustrating as I have a message board of my own, and it's kind of hard to type up a long post in your message board when your cursor has a mind of it's own. Someone suggested that I could be having my hands too close to the touchpad, but I don't think so, though.

I have this problem too. I looked in the programs thing and couldn't find anything. Anything else I should be trying? This does get annoying, especially on forums and you're making long posts. What irritates me is that I have to continusly go back and erase my mistakes just to spell everything correctly. This is very frustrating as I have a message board of my own, and it's kind of hard to type up a long post in your message board when your cursor has a mind of it's own. Someone suggested that I could be having my hands too close to the touchpad, but I don't think so, though.

Ashley,welcome to Windows Forum.

It would be most advantagious to start your own thread on this issue.It would be seen as a new topic and will be dealt with accordingly.

Plenty of knowledge here if you can word your question.

One

edit:I know you are working with Windows 7,but are these options correctly configured?

post-17666-0-40149100-1298706897_thumb.j

Ashley,welcome to Windows Forum.

It would be most advantagious to start your own thread on this issue.It would be seen as a new topic and will be dealt with accordingly.

Plenty of knowledge here if you can word your question.

One

edit:I know you are working with Windows 7,but are these options correctly configured?

So do I want that move pointer to the dialogue button in the default box checked then?

... my cursor keeps jumping back to a previous line or sentence and if I carry on typing because I haven't noticed it, I end up having typed a load of rubbish.

While I do not know what is causing this problem (most likely a mouse driver problem), I kept wondering where you are looking while you are typing? I usually look at the screen when I'm typing, so I immediately see if I mistyped something.

So where are you looking when you are typing; at the wall, out of the Window, at the TV?

... my cursor keeps jumping back to a previous line or sentence and if I carry on typing because I haven't noticed it, I end up having typed a load of rubbish.

While I do not know what is causing this problem (most likely a mouse driver problem), I kept wondering where you are looking while you are typing? I usually look at the screen when I'm typing, so I immediately see if I mistyped something.

So where are you looking when you are typing; at the wall, out of the Window, at the TV?

When I'm typing I look at the keyboard ;)

When I'm typing I look at the keyboard ;)

So do I, and I can only type with two fingers. Both forefingers only.:lol: