Windows Vista !

Guest try

Hi All ,

I'm wondering the stability of windows VISTA, as i read from many news journal that vista is the badly windows release ever ! i want to know from people in this forum how tried vista their experience ! because my friends have a very bad experience and all of them switched back to XP !

Regards-

I build computers for my son who has a graphic arts business and around 20 + computers running XP. I built him one Vista machine with a view to modernising. He is not going to change and his next machines will be XP ones.

He doesn't see anything wrong with Vista but it doesn't offer him anything better than XP apart from unnecessary and fancy bits and bobs which he can quite well do without.

He doesn't see anything wrong with Vista but it doesn't offer him anything better than XP apart from unnecessary and fancy bits and bobs which he can quite well do without.

Okay so why there is a new window release vista, to be honest i never used ,because i still in XP , but in any case have a look in this site , i'm very interested in this , since the number of articles i've read about the bugs of VISTA aren't few !

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6196884.html

Okay so why there is a new window release vista, to be honest i never used ,because i still in XP .

I'll tell you why , because MS wants to make money and nothing else ,they don't even care about the performance of their products, i don't understand that windows XP can takes 4 GB installation without any extra programs , ( sorry i forgot Solitaire ) .

• 2 weeks later...

Windows Vista to me is all flash there are many things on Vista you just don't require to run your computer you have to ask the question just how complex is Windows going tobe come in the next few years?.

I still use W2000 have used since it came out and is a very stable system although now in extended support Microsoft could make IE7 usable on W2000,THATS NOT ASKING MUCH but there you go.

snip.. and nothing else , ..snip, again.. i don't understand that windows XP can takes 4 GB installation without any extra programs , ( sorry i forgot Solitaire ) .

To be fair, Windows, like all software, gets upgraded and MS is pushed by Intel, Dell, HP et al to release the latest and greatest versions. It is true (think ME) some releases are for marketing reasons and some (think XPSP2) are completely new versions by necessity. As for size (software bloat) I haven't checked lately, but I do remember W2K had something like 3 million more lines of code than 98. Vista continues the fine tradition of style changes (remember Find becoming Search?), rearranged menus, new looks, greater control for the OS (not the user) and improvements (yes improvements!) strongly suggested by users and MS partners. A year from now will we even notice that 1 GB of memory and 80 GB of storage is insufficient?

Windows vista is the BEST os microsoft has come out... I think (not being disrespectfull or mean) people are scared of it cuz it is new. It has some very excellent things about it. A lot of the programs weren't ready for it though... it might take years for them to get up to snuff. But all in all i total disagree with yall. The only thing i don't like is if you change computers, you must build or buy a whole new system. :angry: :(

I've built machines and installed Vista in them. From what I've noticed, there isn't anything that would make me want to ditch my current XP machines in favour of Vista.

I will, of course, change when it is time to renew but that won't be for some time yet - hopefully they will have all the software/hardware incompatibilities sorted out by then and Vista SP1 or SP2 will be the version used.