Is no one in charge?

catgate

I came across this on a BBC web page.

"

The Yangtze river dolphin was a remarkable mammal that separated from all other species over 20 million years ago," Dr Turvey explained.

"This extinction represents the disappearance of a complete branch of the evolutionary tree of life and emphasises that we have yet to take full responsibility in our role as guardians of the planet."

If confirmed, it would be the first extinction of a large vertebrate for over 50 years.

This makes me ask :-

"Who, before the evolution of mankind from his progenitors, was responsible as guardians of the planet, and where are they/it/he/she now?"

It was the monkeys..... isn't it

monolith.gif

then the monolith turned on

I was strangely moved by this story ....not usually much of a sentimentalist as a rule .... but I looked at my made in china LED alarm clock with glowing electric blue back light and an extra big 5 min snooze button feature , and thought ,there is baiji blood on my hands ....!

It's a tragedy. I'm afraid that things can only get worse with the soaring population, we will all be knee deep in our own filth. The oceans are dying, the rain forests are being removed. We will soon be complaining of a shortage of air. We need massive improvements all over the world in birth control.

That was a very sad tale about the dolphin. Reading between the lines of the chap on Breakfast yesterday morning, most of the poor things were just eaten.

But I guess if you are driven by hunger..............

There shouldn't be any hunger there, they are one of the richest countries in the world. From what I saw in the news, the main problem was the filth and pollution.