The property ladder

catgate

I think the silly expression is over used to the point of having woodworm, but the property ladder does seem to generate a huge problem for the very many people trying to get on it..

I have had an idea that could alleviate much of the problem, but I thought it might be better to ask the good folk of this parish about their views of the likelihood of success, before launching it out onto an expectant world.

First of all it could be made much wider. This would give greater standing room on each rung and would thus accomodate more people per rung.

The rungs could be spaced less far apart. Again giving more foot space in the same height.

In fact there is absolutely no reason to stick at just one ladder. There could be one for each Town or even each Constituency.

(Of course there would have to be a substantial hand rail up each side of any ladder with wide rungs for H&S reasons)

There could be Multicultural Ladders.

Ethnic Ladders would have to be guarded against.