Mad House

andsome

Several members have posted to the effect that they will not be paying to visit the Mad House. Since I don't want to be the only one in there, ( although some will say this is where I belong), can we have a list of people who will be prepared to pay the £5 fee, so that others can make their mind up whether or not to join. I personally don't mind the fee as I enjoy the Mad House, although having said that, I would not be happy to pay using 'Pay Pal', as I have heard several complaints about them. I am quite happy to pay by credit card. Any one else????

i cannot speak for the majority, and £5 is really not alot of money, however £5 just to post an adult joke or two is just a waste.

There are plenty of adult joke sites around without having to post them here and the same people will visit the Off the Topic forums and post their non-adult content there i am sure.

Andsome you are not the only one who doesn't mind paying a fiver. :D

Quote; "Oh, and ain't nobody gonna pay a fiver to post or look at the mucky stuff, so long as it was free they wanted to push the envelope. Well let's see if they'll put up or shut up. "

It doesn't have to be "mucky stuff". Mucky stuff has been posted here for a long long time, even from mods. A bit of light adult banter ain't to bad.

I also like andsome prefer not to pay by pay pall. I have had a few TRY to scam me, but not got away with it, this of course doesn't infer that you are trying to scam anyone. :rolleyes:

If you would like a cheque, please let me know where I can send it to.

I always put my money were my big gob is. :P

monkey hanger, not sure where you are quoting from but in an earlier post, i requested clarity on what was permissible in this forum....

http://www.windowsforum.org/support/forum/...?showtopic=3332

What’s not acceptable - sexually orientated posts

this would imply that these are acceptable within the new mad house and as other forms of humour are allowed within THIS particular forum , what else is left to post within the mad house?

I wouldn't mind paying and certainly don't begrudge a fiver, in fact, if i had to subscribe to the WF as a whole i probably would even if the cost was higher....

I don't think its about putting money where your gob is......

Also little thought has gone to those that don't or won't or can't have a credit card or cheque book........

Lived Backwards, from northamuk

http://www.windowsforum.org/support/forum/...?showtopic=3329

Aug 1 2003, 10:39 PM

Same here, I don't mind paying a few bob. We could send postal orders. That would give anonymity and security? :D

Yes the clarity to what can be posted was very welcome. I have only had one P.M. stating that I can not post anything with sexual innuendo, in off the topic. This was a post that included a word, the americans would use for full stop. Fair enough :D

Guest northamuk

Monkey, since you want this in public, fine by me. You posted a sexually orientated joke concerning late periods and a neighbour fainting when he heard about it, quite sexually explicit. and unacceptale as the rules stand

whilst i openly accept that some jokes may have been over the limit, i think that the way it was dealt with was unduly harsh.

I too had a post or two pulled, something which i am not complaining about as the powers that be decided that they were not acceptable however A ) there was no need to spoil everyone's enjoyment of the forum by checking every post and B ) isn't this sort of thing exactly what the warning system is for?

Incidentally, i did send a PM to a moderator basically stating the above but it was just ignored and not even granted the courtesy of an acknowledgement!

Hello all, let's try and put this into some sort of perspective.

The Mad House was starting to fast degenerate into, what I can only describe as, a sleaze pit (my personal opinion, by the way). Now it may be that some of the members of this Forum, myself included to an extent, didn't have a problem with that. However you have to remember that Windows Forum is primarily a help Forum and as such is open to view to anybody on the Internet.

“Yes but”, I hear you say, “The Mad House was a members only board and clearly marked as containing adult content”. The problem here is that in order to view the board, all that is required is a few sections of a form to be filled in, and viola access to all. Now any sensible person would at that point see the adult warning and make their own decision whether to view or not. We don’t have a problem with that, what we do have a problem with, is the not so sensible people. Do you really expect a 12 year old boy to see a board on a forum marked as adult, and think “Oh dear I had better not look at that, it may be a bit rude!”? Of course not. The first thing he is going to do, is click the link!!!!!!!

I would ask you all to think about this, but those of you with young children (and those of you without, but probably know some), would you really want your child to have access to some of the posts that were going into the Mad House? My guess is probably not.

We then also have the problem of the amount of time that was being wasted by the Admins and Moderators, who had to check EVERY post to the Mad House to ensure that posts did not totally exceed the limits (I am talking about before this weekends “post preview approval” trial). You can imagine how much of a pain this was becoming, especially on busy days.

We needed a way of preventing accidental access to the Mad House board and to ensure that anybody using it was doing so of their own free will and over the age of 18. Therefore, it was my suggestion (I am ready for the flak which will come my way) to make the board a special “subscription board”. This subscription was in order to verify the person’s age, and would have the added advantage of generating some revenue to assist in the Forum’s running costs.

I hope that you will understand this better as time passes, but contrary to some people’s opinions, we are not trying to act like Big Brother (not the TV prog.), but simply trying to make a great Forum better.

Kindest Regards. Mr. Invincible Mouse.

Therefore, it was my suggestion (I am ready for the flak which will come my way) to make the board a special “subscription board”.

i don't think that one single person can be singled out for flak Mr Mouse, i think that we all need to learn where the boundaries are/were and i think that we should ALL learn a lesson in dealing with potentially explosive situations.

fair enough, alright by me. :D

some very good points Mr. Invincible Mouse. ;)

Also agree with Lived Backwards ;)

Northamuk, it was not a slight at you or any mod.

"can not post anything with sexual innuendo" all I was stating was that you gave clarity to postings.

I am and always will be 100% behind the mods, no pun intended. :D

Shirl. I have put me handbag away. :rolleyes:

I am still willing to pay the £5, if the mad house does get going again.

Although if only andsome and me are there, the rest mabee tempted to lock it and throw away the key and give the ten quid to charity. :lol: :lol: :lol:

She's just bound to fancy me the most, with my rugged good looks.

yeah but at your age you'll forget what you are supposed to be doing!!

No way BABY, I have an EXCELLENT memory. I could do these young girls a lot more good than any of the younger members of the forum. This is NOT idle boasting but just pure unadulterated TRUTH.