Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate

Chris

This is the self-extracting executable that contains the update package for Windows® XP Service Pack 3. Windows® XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously released updates for the operating system. This update also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers’ experience with the operating system.

This pre-release software is provided for testing purposes only. Microsoft does not recommend installing this software on primary or mission critical systems. Microsoft recommends that you have a backup of your data prior to installing any pre-release software.

More | Here

I strongly advise anyone and everyone to make a full system backup before attempting to install this, or even the finished version when it is released.

If this Service Pack is like previous issues (SP1 and SP2) there is a strong possibility of introducing problems in your system if things are not as they should be, for example, traces of malware that you are not aware of could prevent a successful install and wreck the existing system when you attempt to remedy the problem.

I think I'll wait until it's on full release. :D

I strongly advise anyone and everyone to make a full system backup before attempting to install this, or even the finished version when it is released.

DITTO. :D

If this Service Pack is like previous issues (SP1 and SP2) there is a strong possibility of introducing problems in your system if things are not as they should be, for example, traces of malware that you are not aware of could prevent a successful install and wreck the existing system when you attempt to remedy the problem.

Good advice. :D

• 4 weeks later...