Some Websites not loading

just-for-tonight

I've got Windows VISTA, and have been using the internet fine ever since I got it. However, for the past week, some sites which I regularly visit have stopped loading, so I can't access them. For instance, I used to be able to use Hotmail, but now the website won't even load. It's very annoying, as I have important emails that I need to reply to, but I can't log on.

I don't understand why this has happened, and why now? It used to be ok. Please help, is there any reason why this would happen, and is there a solution?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem (posted here) with some secure sites such as yahoo mail, hotmail and bank sites. Have tried with different browsers. IE 7 gives the common "Internet Explorer can not display the webpage", Opera doesn't open the site at all and FireFox gives the message "Firefox and ........ (server such as login.yahoo.com or the bank url) cannot communicate securely because they have no common encryption algorithms".

BTW, I'm using XP Professional. Have deleted internet temporary files but not the cookies (yet!).

Would appreciate any assistance / feedback

Celal

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, This post is very informative, however ther are some queries to ask about some specific topic. If someone can help me then please send me a private message.

Hello Usman Shafiq, I think no one can help you unless you tell us what you "specific topic" is. :flowers: