Home page setting in IE7

htect

The over-riding link you entered above is invalid ? :unsure:

http://www.goog1e.co.nr/

.nr is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Nauru.

Either you have entered the wrong URL - or your home page is being hi-jacked by some malware.

If so - you will need to download and run a hijacker removal tool to remove the malicious program that's causing the problem.

Try this :-

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Dest...4-10122137.html

After installation,

Update it for the latest definitions

Make sure you Immunise

Then run a full scan of your PC.

Your browsers been hijacked by this pest google1e (it's not the same as a virus, but just as malicious). Follow Boris's advice and you should be able to remove it. If it comes back again you'll need to do a much more thorough clean-up because it's been embedded much deeper. Follow this advice from AVG.

After you've got Spybot S&D up and running and have got the home page you want with IE7 you can use Spybot to protect it & stop it being hi-jacked. Go to Tools (in Spybot)>IE Tweaks> Lock IE Start-up Page. You'll have to unlock this later if you want to change your home page.

I tried all as suggested by tou but still my home page is being hijacked. I tried even with IE tweaks in spybot but even then page is being hijacked. I tried spybot,AVG, avast,rogueremover I tried even with system resore off, booting in safe mode and performed scans but still problem not solved

help me

I've never dealt with this one before and there's hardly anything about it on Google Search.

I suggest you use an on-line anti-virus scanner next, like this from TrendMicro.

If that doesn't work then you should try using HiJack malware remover. This is an advanced tool but you can read a detailed account of how to use it (including download instructions) here.

I cannot find 'TOOLS' in S & D. :D

:0 Lower left bottom, if it's the most recent free version (1.5.2).

Found it. My home page is already locked using SUPERANTiSpyware. better not lock it with two programs, there may be conflicts. :D