Hotmail & Outlook Express

Dencandy

From the end of June it will no longer be possible to access Hotmail with Outlook Express. On MS's advice I downloaded Windows Live Mail to replace Outlook Express. Everything went smoothly and all Hotmail local and server files (including the Address Book) were transferred from OE to WLM without any hitches.

It's tied in with your Windows log-in & works just like OE. It seems to be a tad faster (which isn't difficult, I imagine).

When downloading, however, watch out for all the useless extras they will offer you, but at least they give you the choice.

I have always kept Hotmail separate from Outlook Express. I prefer it that way. One account in Hotmail, and one account in OE. :D

I access my hotmail via Outlook - but this does not mean they are not separate. Hotmail is still web based but for convenience and is quite separate from your POP 3 Email on your ISP's server. I don't understand your reluctance to make life that tad easier for yourself.

I have always kept Hotmail separate from Outlook Express. I prefer it that way. One account in Hotmail, and one account in OE. :D

I access my hotmail via Outlook - but this does not mean they are not separate. Hotmail is still web based but for convenience and is quite separate from your POP 3 Email on your ISP's server. I don't understand your reluctance to make life that tad easier for yourself.

I have never had it any different. It is no trouble at all to click onto my Hotmail shortcut. :D

I have to agree with you Alan.

Through Outlook (not Express), I collect mail from Yahoo, Onetel, btinternet and Googlemail.

It is possible to have two - possibly more - Outlook 'profiles', so if you do wish to collect them in separate batches, it could be done. :D