xbox360 - what to buy?

Lori01

I can't answer the specifics of your question but, I can say that you will HAVE to buy the one that meets your son's requirements. Otherwise it will sit in its box unloved and unused.

Why not discuss it with him?

I can't answer the specifics of your question but, I can say that you will HAVE to buy the one that meets your son's requirements. Otherwise it will sit in its box unloved and unused.

Very true. I know this from experience!

It also depends what kind of games he's into... some bundles come with different games. The 'Gears Of War' package was pretty popular, though I'm not sure if they still make it.

• 1 year later...

Here are some of the details on the deals' differences:

Xbox 360 Core System (£160 +?) : Avoid this one like the plague. It doesn't include a hard drive, and once you shell out the money to buy one, you'll already be paying as much as the step-up models, each of which also include a headset and a wireless controller.

Xbox 360 Premium [20GB] : This model lacks the larger hard drive and HDMI output of its big brother. But if you don't plan on downloading a lot of game demos, movies, and TV shows from the Xbox Live Marketplace and you don't require 1080p or HDMI video output, this model is just fine.

Xbox 360 Elite [120GB] : The newest member of the 360 family includes a much larger hard drive, HDMI output, and a stylish black color scheme. It's the best option for first-time 360 buyers - especially those who are interested in viewing movies and TV shows on their 360--but anyone who already owns the 20GB model (above) needn't feel pressured to upgrade

I found this on CNET by the way. I don't own an Xbox so I can't offer much advice on them.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

box 360 Core System ($300): Avoid this one like the plague. It doesn't include a hard drive, and once you shell out the money to buy one--$100 for the 20GB model, or $180 for the 120GB model--you'll already be paying as much as the step-up models, each of which also include a headset and a wireless controller. :rolleyes:

Xbox 360 Premium [20GB] ($400): This model lacks the larger hard drive and HDMI output of its big brother. But if you don't plan on downloading a lot of game demos, movies, and TV shows from the Xbox Live Marketplace and you don't require 1080p or HDMI video output, this model is just fine. :rolleyes:

Xbox 360 Elite [120GB] ($480): The newest member of the 360 family includes a much larger hard drive, HDMI output, and a stylish black color scheme. While we wished it offered some more substantive upgrades, it's the best option for first-time 360 buyers--especially those who are interested in viewing movies and TV shows on their 360--but anyone who already owns the 20GB model (above) needn't feel pressured to upgrade. :rolleyes: