IP's for companies i've never heard of!

Hb_Kai

I was just checking the internet connectivity and done a netstat check to make sure nothing was connected to the PC that it shouldn't be and i got a few established IP connections from Companies i've never heard of.

I googled one of them Panther Express and it's some company based in NYC, but the IP was from France which i found from a whois, and the other IP's which shouldn't have been there were the same. Random companies, not Panther Express.

Would this be adware/spyware do you think?

And at the time i checked this i only had one MSN conversation open, and no other applications/programs running.

Ta.

Hi,

Its serious thing. Do these IPs have 'Established Connection' or 'Waiting for connection'?

If these IPs have established connection, then let me know the port on which they are communicating.

Because now a days SPYWARE are using different IPs, and such connections are established by using Trojan which might be in your system.

I will strongly suggest you to check your system for any malware/spyware activity running. :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

I have never heard of Shields Up and just gave it a try out of curiosity. I have a Vista computer using just the Vista Firewall, Windows Defender and AVG Free Anti Virus. Upon running the Shields Up scan I got this report.......which to my untrained eye looks good.

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!

One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

I have never heard of Shields Up and just gave it a try out of curiosity. I have a Vista computer using just the Vista Firewall, Windows Defender and AVG Free Anti Virus. Upon running the Shields Up scan I got this report.......which to my untrained eye looks good.

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!

One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

I have used this program for a very long time, and would recommend it to everyone. It scans very quickly. The thing to aim for is for all ports to be in stealth mode. :D