Wonderful development

catgate

I have just seen a news item on Ceefax that says a £235m contract is to be placed for two new electrically powered aircraft carriers. However not a word about the cost of the the long length of three core flex needed to run them. So I wonder if they are going to run off overhead pantographs like the old trolly buses did.

Did it mention what they mean by "Aircraft Carriers". It might well be a tractor and trailer road going "carrier" to transport aircraft around the country - in which case they could use either trolley bus wires or perhaps battery charging stations every few miles.

If they meant aircraft carriers of the floating kind - perhaps they will have fold-away wind turbines on the deck to generate electricity and propel the ship.

I guess however - that there will be a nuclear reactor on board the generate power.

I have realised just how silly this flex idea dea is.

It terrorists got hold of a submersible,, insulated,, self propelled, two man pair of side cutters they could cut right through the flex and put the whole thing completly out of action.

Don't be silly all of you. It's perfectly obvious that they are going to be battery-driven toy ones (like kids play with in the bath) but with a huge magnifying glass on a meccano structure above them. Then any enemy looking at them will think they are the real thing and immediately surrender. Each one probably less than 100 quid each.