Internet Explorer 8 RC1 Now Released

Dencandy

Microsoft have released Internet Explorer 8 RC1 for those who want to test it. RC1 means Release Candidate 1 and that tells you that this is still not the final version. In fact, there may even be an RC2 to follow. So you should not use this on your one and only operating system, especially if you do not have a full back up.

For those who want to give it a trial, however, you can read more about it and download from Microsoft HERE.

Microsoft have released Internet Explorer 8 RC1 for those who want to test it. RC1 means Release Candidate 1 and that tells you that this is still not the final version. In fact, there may even be an RC2 to follow. So you should not use this on your one and only operating system, especially if you do not have a full back up.

For those who want to give it a trial, however, you can read more about it and download from Microsoft HERE.

I will wait thanks. :D

How long was 8 in beta? What's taking them so long?

More haste= less speed. :D

I installed IE8 RC1 as soon as it became available.

It installed without problems on my Vists IE7 computer and has run flawlessly on all sites yet visited.

I really like the new features - especially the accelerators - and find it loads most pages much quicker than IE7

I see no reason (yet) to revert to IE7 - but if I do - I have trusty Acronis to rescue me because I read somewhere that you cannot simply uninstall IE8 and go back to IE7

What are the complications?

I saw a post on another forum which ststed that you cannot revert to IE7 after installing IE8 - especially with XP SP3. Vista wasn't mentioned but I took an Acronis backup immediately before installing IE8 as a precaution.

Why are some people so anti Microsoft, no matter what they try to do, there is immediately a chorus of moans. There is NO reason whatsoever to try out Beta programs, unless you are willing to take risks. Those who go in for Beta testing are well aware of this, and take the precautions outlined by Alan Ho. Personally I am quite happy to wait. :D

I'm not complaining, I was just saying that this newer IE beta shouldn't be un-deletable. It's a force to keep it otherwise.

Microsoft's guidance about uninstalling IE8 Beta is HERE. It's always best to check these things out yourself, rather than relying on what others say, in my experience. :flowers:

I just had my first problem with IE8 - and it was on this forum.

I tried to edit one of my posts - the "Edit" button worked OK but the drop down "Quick Edit" and Full Edit" options refused to work.

IE8 has what they call a compatibility mode. If it detects problems on a page it automatically switches itself to behave like IE7. You can also select this manually. I selected compatibility mode on the forum page and it then worked OK>

I just had my first problem with IE8 - and it was on this forum.

I tried to edit one of my posts - the "Edit" button worked OK but the drop down "Quick Edit" and Full Edit" options refused to work.

IE8 has what they call a compatibility mode. If it detects problems on a page it automatically switches itself to behave like IE7. You can also select this manually. I selected compatibility mode on the forum page and it then worked OK>

Hmmm... Does that mean its default mode is incompatibility mode. :unsure: