Mobile Phones..........

Guest LB

would someone please explain this obsession with the latest and newest mobile phone?

i have a samsung a300, it enables me to make and recieve phone calls and write and recieve text messages. it has a load of other fancy functions that never get used and absolutely no games.

i don't need colour, i dont need polywhatsit ringtones, i dont need games, i dont need to know the time in outer mongolia and quite frankly, does anyone???

Why oh why do people insist on lining large corporations pockets needlessly by constantly upgrading and buying new phones?????

Guest Nellie2

Mine isn't the newest all singing all dancing. It is small though which I like because it fits in my bag. It doesn't have colour.... it does do all sorts of things that I haven't tried out yet!!!! Haven't even worked out the voice mail to be honest!! :huh: It does have games though which is handy if you have been stood up because you can sit in the pub playing on your phone but it looks like you have loads of txt messages to send and recieve!!! :P

oooooooooo.....be careful

A mobile phone has exploded in a woman's face while she was out shopping. The blast caused burns to her face and neck.

The freak incident happened in Amsterdam earlier this week.

According to local reports, the phone switched itself off when the 33-year-old women dropped the phone. When she switched it back on again, the phone exploded.

Paramedics arrived quickly on the scene to treat her for her injuries.

According to witnesses, the phone concerned was manufactured by mobile giant Nokia.

A spokesman for Nokia confirmed that while the phone was made by Nokia, the battery was not.

Nokia intends to carry out an investigation into the incident but has warned that some replacement batteries, while cheaper, lack some essential safety features.

He said Nokia was aware of "three or four" similar incidents of exploding mobile phones over the last six months or so.

I honestly cannot see the need for photo phones, TV phones etc. Who in their right mind would want the scrappy images that I have seen, especially of someone as lovely as me? My first mobile was my sons old one, it was big and clumsy, and made my pocket look as though it contained a lead weight. When the battery failed I bought a very small 'SAGEM', which is 'pay as you go', it sits almost invisibly in my pocket, and does me nicely for phone calls and text messages. It has games and web access etc that I have no need of whatsoever. I have read that having paid several billion pounds for new licences, most companies only have a few hundred, or at the most a few thousand customers, it serves them right.

andsome

I too had a Sagem pay as you go - nice little phone but I changed it last year to a Nokia which has a built-in radio. I used to travel a lot by train and it was great to be able to listen the the "wireless" on the journey. It's the only extra feature built into the phone I bother with.

Am I the only one never to have sent a text message? I occasionally receive one, but I don't understand the language - its all gobbledegook. I only speak English and profane.

Am I the only one never to have sent a text message

No, I've never sent one of those either, wouldn't have a clue how to and don't want to :blink:

I think you have to be driving to be able to send those things anyway, from what I've seen.

I love modern technology, but mobile phones leave me cold. you hear some young people "boasting" about the size of there bills :angry: like it's something to be proud of or they think they are really popular because they use it so much.

Have you been in a supermarket when the missus phones up the old man to find out what sort of biscuits she should buy? Make a decision women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out of my way when your looking at your phone playing a game or texting whilst walking down the high street. Go out for dinner with friends and within 5 minutes phones are out to check messages etc talk about anti social!!!!

Ringtones are going to be worth more than CD singles soon hell knows why when you can barely make out the tune been played.

Text messaging yeah L8ter mate rubbish, no I haven't sent one and I haven't seen a good one or funny one

No I don't like them either.