Ashampoo 2009 ?????

Dave.Dee

Ashampoo free software needs registering after 10 days that's the " Obtain a FREE full version key" option. There is no charge for this, though they do give you the option to buy the latest full commercial version at a knock down price. This to my mind is completely unnecessary as Ashampoo Burning Studio Free is fine as it stands. They will try and send you e-mails tempting you to buy other products, but it's very easy to opt out if you're not interested.

Can someone clear up the confusion created by Ashampoo advertising 2009 version free yet when one clicks through the various stages of download, it becomes apparent that there is a time limit to the prog and a payment expected. Regards post-13885-1238761072_thumb.pngDD

I've noticed that it is becoming standard practice for a product with a "free" trial period to be advertised as a "free product". What they mean is a "free trial period", but often even that is not correct as the "remedy" part of the product only kicks in when the purchase is made. But to be fair to Ashampoo, that don't seem to be going that far in this case. As yet there's no advertising standards authority for the internet, but products like McAfee Site Advisor and Web of Trust could help by refusing to give a green light to websites using such methods.

Remember - the internet is like the Wild West with no official sheriffs.

Also, I tried this product a few years ago &, if it still works on the same principles, what it does is to make a restore point and a back up of your registry before installing a product and re-installs them for you if things go wrong. These things are easily done yourself using standard Windows tools. It was also quite fiddly to use.

I get annoyed with what seems to be a decent Anti Malware program well worth a trial It produces several hundred problems and then asks for the full version to be paid for, to delete them. :angry::angry:

Yes, I agree. Site Advisor & Web of Trust would be doing users a big favour if they refused to give a green light to such websites.