Anti Reflective Screen

doug

Even though summer has just about finished, I do suffer from reflections on my monitor screen. Strong daylight causes reflections on my screen making it difficult to read. This means I have to have the blinds pulled - in daylight. I have seen these screens which reduce reflections. The local doctor's reception have them. Any idea where I could get one. Tried Maplins, Dabs and Watford without any joy, may be using the wrong search word. :(

post-26-1062106326.gif

Guest Nellie2

BTW.... I had a look in the Index catalogue too and they have them for £9.99. Actually Argos and Index have quite a selection of bog standard computer accessories now.

I really wouldn't pay loads of money for an anti glare screen. You wouldn't believe how much the one I have at work cost....andI still have to draw the blinds on bright days

I kid you not, but I know several people who have taken a pair of scissors to a suitably sized cardboard box. The end result is a "periscope" style, three sided shield which can be attached to the monitor with scotch tape, and prettied up with sticky back plastic and marker pens. Voila anti-glare shield for next to nothing!!

In fact, here's one I prepared earlier :lol: :D :P

Mr. M.

Following Nel's advice I went to Argos and got the Fellowes anti-glare filter. This definitely says on the box Reduces Glare and Reflection; improved contrast. Doesn't work. In fact I now have double reflections the originals from the monitor screen and larger versions from the surface of the filter. They are larger because the filter is flat while the monitor screen is convex. Yes I have ensured that the correct surface is facing the minitor because these things are supposed to be circularly polarised. Needless to say it's going back to Argos.

Anyone who can recommend a source that does work? Sunglasses and large cardboard boxes not withstanding! B)

post-26-1062604438.gif

This is not what you want to hear - but I have tried a number of anti-glare filters and devices. Fortunately at the office and not out of my pocket. None worked - not even the fancy expensive ones made from ultra fine nylon or similar mesh.

I have bought a flat screen monitor - problem solved.

Guest Nellie2

well I think I did say in an earlier post that I have a very expensive one at work that looks pretty but that is just about it.

Incidently doug........ where is your monitor placed in relation to your window?????

Have a look at this google......quite a few links on health and saftey and glare on monitors!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=...in%C2%A0results