Microsoft Preps Ie Changes

Tankus

Microsoft may alter its dominant Internet Explorer Web browser following a ruling against it in a Chicago court earlier this month.

That is according to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), an industry standards body, which said on its Web site that the Seattle giant had told the group that changes to the software may be in order. It was in mid August that Microsoft lost a civil case brought against it by Eolas Technologies and was ordered to pay the company $520.6 million for infringing on patents relating to Internet Explorer (IE).

"In the near term, Microsoft has indicated to W3C that they will very soon be making changes to its Internet Explorer browser software in response to this ruling," a statement issued by Steven R Bratt, W3C's chief operating officer, said.

"These changes may affect a large number of existing Web pages," the statement continued. "W3C does not yet have any indication of what action, if any, other vendors of Web tools might take."

The register

Hmm......... next Ie "upgrade" one to aviod......?

This thread makes me wonder if I'm a typical Windows user.

Although I'm fairly certain that Linux is a faster, more stable and less vulnerable OS I use Windows because it's what I started with and rarely requires the use of commands. However, I wouldn't use IE even if it was efficient, which it isn't, and I'm just waiting for Linux to become more user-friendly so that I can relegate Windows to my second OS. If this doesn't happen before Micro$haft adopts Fritzchippery and DRM then I'll be switching to Linux anyway. Am I typical ?