DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Tanmaya

Hi,

Tried all possible tweaks to fix the issue available on the internet, still making me crazy. I'm using USB data card for internet use, but every time, system restarts stating following error code... I have updated its driver, still problem persists.... Please refer attached image file.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

USBPORT.SYS - Address F91440c1 base at F9140000

Any help will be much appreciated...

post-12075-1253343354_thumb.jpg

It seems the most common cause of this message is drivers not being the right ones for the hardware, or a corrupted driver. See THIS LINK if you can't sort this following Irene's recommendation.

Have you installed any new hardware or programs recently? If so, try uninstalling it/them & see if the problem still persists.

Also the last item on the screen indicates a USB port problem. What do you have connected via USB? Disconnect everything, then re-connect one by one then re-start each time to find if there's a problem device or port.

• 5 years later...

I was getting the BSOD with the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error message in it, but it pointed out the driver problem in my message which was iaStorA.sys which is the driver for Intel Rapid Storage Technology and by updating that specific driver through the Intel Website DID correct my problem and I don't get that BSOD or that error message anymore! So, try and update all your drivers to see if that will resolve your problems!